★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Healer: A Light in the Darkness (iPad) $4.99 -> Free

05-28-2013, 10:08 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Healer: A Light in the Darkness (iPad) $4.99 -> Free

GC: UnSurreal
05-28-2013, 12:37 PM
Wasnt really interested in this before, but im trying it out for free.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

05-28-2013, 01:05 PM
This isn't really a sale. They've apparently changed their pricing model. It's now a lite with a $2.99 IAP to unlock the full game, and they've added consumable IAPs for gold as well.
05-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
This isn't really a sale. They've apparently changed their pricing model. It's now a lite with a $2.99 IAP to unlock the full game, and they've added consumable IAPs for gold as well.
Sucks if ya actuAlly bought it but hadn't installed it or deleted it.
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Ah crap.

This mentality is really, really problematic for the reasons mentioned by Greyskull.

It's not a small game either, so for those with limited space... It sucks.
05-28-2013, 03:11 PM
Aw... bad move.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-28-2013, 04:17 PM
Really glad I checked the comments before downloading...

I don't care if this is the best game ever. I don't care if it's the absolute best value for my entertainment dollars. I'm really, REALLY sick of consumers having zero protection from developers screwing with the monetization of games that have already been paid for...

tl;dr: Pass.

DBC
05-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerboycroy View Post
Really glad I checked the comments before downloading...

I don't care if this is the best game ever. I don't care if it's the absolute best value for my entertainment dollars. I'm really, REALLY sick of consumers having zero protection from developers screwing with the monetization of games that have already been paid for...

tl;dr: Pass.

DBC
QF(word that would get me banned)T

Sometimes I feel as though devs/publishers are actively attempting to scold me into not buying any more apps.
05-28-2013, 10:09 PM
I wish I read beyond the title before downloading. :/ I feel bad for "supporting" this behavior.

Looking for a writer? PM me

Game Designer of:
Family Feud Matches Gaming with a side of Matchmaking!
Family Feud 2 My First Huge Apple Feature!
Pickpawcket
And more!