★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: You are the merchant to the stars. The top salesman in the tri-dungeon area. When a hero needs a new Pole-arm, or poison embed short swords they know who to come to.

Buy only the best gear from adventuring heroes, hone the weapons and armor to add new powers and abilities and sell back, for a tidy profit. All the excitement of a AAA RPG without all the fuss of combat. Maximize your profit, and minimize your losses as you become the ultimate shopkeeper.

As you level up, you will unlock new tomes of weapons that will aid your heroes as they battle in dungeons not fit for man, nor beast. Merchant features an entirely procedurally generated world, guaranteeing you will alway see something new.

Merchant to the Stars is the creation of the Doctor of Science, Mark Levin, who previously created such games as Top Gun and Warpgate. With additional art from Steve Tz, sounds by Adam Fothergil and music by Whitaker Trebella, Merchant will remind you what it is to be in a fantasy world all over again.

Sanuku's comments:

05-29-2013, 06:54 AM
Instabuy! Waited for this. This not only looks like good pixel-stuff, but seems to be a nice parody in some ways.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

05-29-2013, 06:58 AM
Creative! Interesting!
05-29-2013, 07:28 AM
Lol from the title I thought this was sci-if themed.
Might be a good store/crafting sim.

Edit: Just found the official trailer. And right at the end of the video is a big sign that says "No IAP!".

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind

Last edited by strivemind; 05-29-2013 at 09:52 AM.
05-29-2013, 08:27 PM
Interesting, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what the gameplay actually entails.
05-29-2013, 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Interesting, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around what the gameplay actually entails.
A person should never wrap their head around anything ... It hurts
05-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Just got it! I like the original approach to the RPG genre, even file from the merchant's point of view only.
05-29-2013, 10:26 PM
This didn't come out today. It's been on my Appzap watchlist for about a week.

Perhaps it was pulled and re-released?
05-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
This didn't come out today. It's been on my Appzap watchlist for about a week.

Perhaps it was pulled and re-released?
I just got it. The upcoming thread has the devs saying it was coming out today iirc.

Fun game, a shop simulation, I recommend it for a buck. No iaps.
05-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kioshi View Post
I just got it. The upcoming thread has the devs saying it was coming out today iirc.

Fun game, a shop simulation, I recommend it for a buck. No iaps.
Don't know what to say...