★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Goats and Gadgets $0.99 -> FREE!

05-29-2013, 06:42 PM
Goats and Gadgets $0.99 -> FREE!

"Goats and Gadgets is a hidden gem. It features fun, colorful graphics with an awesome gameplay idea and perfectly simple controls to match." - iFanzine, 4/5 Stars.

"I think that the game is quite addictive and you will really enjoy the time with it." - Shine App, 4/5 Stars

"Fun timing based puzzles...Goats are tenacious animals!" - What's on iPhone?, 4/5 Stars

Finally! A game where goats unite to operate awesome gadgetry like portals, elevators and cannons!

Goats and Gadgets is an inspiring, addictive puzzle adventure with an endearing character cast and innovative game-play. Gamers will need to rely on their creativity and reflexes to navigate their goats through an evolving array of challenges.

Over the course of 40 fun levels, players will need to shoot goats out of cannons, send them through portals and have them operate complex gadgetry like timer-switches, pressure-pads and elevators. All this, while evading and manipulating the creepy critters the goats encounter in their epic quest for their beloved apples.

Gamers will have to race the clock as they evade lurking spiders while using their gadgets to intercept hazardous yetis. A yeti's short temper can be used to the players advantage as the goats can lure pesky trolls into the yeti's path for a 'Troll Trashing', disposing of the troll and occupying the yeti in a 'two birds with one stone' type scenario. The orchestration of such manipulative manoeuvres not only attract hefty bonus points but are more often than not, key to solving the puzzle at hand. Rewarding the player on multiple levels for their applied skill and ingenuity.

Robogoat

Robogoat is a unique character introduced at the end of the second act. A robotic goat, half steel, half awesome, with a paint job reminiscent of the Mustang you've always wanted. Like any other goat, he can be directed with simple flick/swipe gestures. However, he can also be transformed into a cannon and loaded with goats. Players can aim Robogoat and then fire live goats across gaps, through portals and into enemies. Needless to say, this is a whole lot o' fun.

Download Goats and Gadgets from iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/goats-and-gadgets/id585102824?ls=1&mt=8
05-29-2013, 08:18 PM
Looks great!

05-29-2013, 09:04 PM
Thanks
05-31-2013, 05:50 PM
Finally tried this out and I felt it necessary to return and post to the thread so others will find this game and see its actually pretty awesome. It's a platforming puzzle game without IAP, ads or other garbage that ruins games today.

Grab this if you like the genre. It's good fun.
06-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks nightc1
06-01-2013, 04:20 PM
No problem. It's a good game. The other regs here will hopefully give it a shot since I don't give recommendations to just any game.

Originally I threw a simple 4/5 star score up, but I finished the first half of the game and went ahead and wrote a review and bumped te score to 5/5. I'm enjoying replaying those first 20 levels just to try and up my position on the leaderboards.
06-02-2013, 07:02 AM
nightc1 - Just saw your review, thanks so much for the feedback and rating. This is the first iOS game I've made but I put a lot of thought, time and effort into it. Really glad you've enjoyed it!
06-02-2013, 09:24 PM
It's a solid game from beginning to end. I've gone back and managed to get top spot on the leaderboards for the first three worlds... working on the fourth now.

Question: which level is the troll trauma achievement for? I'm guessing as I home in my skills on that last batch of levels it'll just happen, but I'd like to go ahead and wipe it out so I'll have all of them except the twitter/Facebook one (I'm not on either service, gave them up a while back).

Last edited by nightc1; 06-03-2013 at 02:37 PM.
06-02-2013, 09:38 PM
You guess right, you would come across it pretty soon but if you want to jump straight to it, it's in Act 4, level 8.
06-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I will be giving this a try for sure. Feedback to come relatively soon. Looks awesome.