★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How much have you spent on IAP?

05-30-2013, 10:46 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 578
How much have you spent on IAP?

I go back to the first iTouch.... Have had about 6 of them and also this iPad mini. I just now - like 3 minutes ago - made my first ever IAP.

So over all that time.... $2.
05-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 3,287
Bar none.
I do find $99.99 in apps funny tough.
Seeing sucha high price for these.
So what did you buy?

Last edited by saansilt; 05-30-2013 at 11:01 PM.

05-30-2013, 11:16 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,758
I think about $20 in the past 2+ years.

Edit: oh, and Walking Dead episodes, which ran me another $20. So $40 in total.

Last edited by JBRUU; 05-31-2013 at 05:39 PM.
05-30-2013, 11:41 PM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 578
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Bar none.
I do find $99.99 in apps funny tough.
Seeing sucha high price for these.
So what did you buy?
Gems for dragonvale.... My kids and I share a game.
05-31-2013, 12:54 AM
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,943
Most expensive was the "season 1" pass for Pinball Arcade @ $29.99. But since I haven't bought any tables before, this pack added I think 22 tables. Some are fun and some are just on to me..but such a good value! :-)

That said..I've only bought IAP for additional content or just as a thank you for devs. Never bought a consumable IAP to "cheat".

Shmup Fan? Join our group - Bullet Hell Fanatics
Looking for Cave game recommendations? Check out starting ~half way down this link: Your favorite Shmup from Cave? Which is your favorite Game from Cave?
05-31-2013, 12:56 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 22,657
Most times i spent on IAP is to unlock the rest of the game, or game content, or doublers...

That goes for almost every runner game i have which has doublers involved.

I also spend IAP on unlocking chapters and expansions in games like Telltale episodic adventure games, Drakerider, Ghost Trick and Phoenix Wright are some prime and expensive examples.

IAPs are also bought when they expand the game's content like the costumes in Demons' Score, the characters and extra scenario in Warhammer Quest, the costumes in Apocalypse Max (these didnt feel worth it though, as they break game balance and made the game too easy), Zen Pinball (the tables), Phoenix HD (the ships) & 100 Rogues are what i could remember.

As far as consumable IAPs are concerned, the most i got was a present from my wife which was a $20 IAP for Iron Man 3, then other than that, i bought one $4 IAP for Pixel People as a gift for my wife (it was on sale that time, and that was all she needed to complete the Jobs collection), $5 on Heroes & Castles, and I believe it was $5 to be able to afford a skin in ARC Squadron. These are the only ones i know i've bought consumable IAP for.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
05-31-2013, 01:17 AM
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 5,587
10 bucks on Alchemy Synth pro pack...
A few Pinball Arcade tables
Quite a few Zen Pinball tables
Nano Studio extra tracks unlock
Caelestis unlock
Some other stuff, probably. I'll purchase expansions, not coins.

EDIT: every Playdek expansion
05-31-2013, 01:29 AM
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 3,693
$1 max and mabe payed for 10 iaps total that were addons to a game (playdek, zen etc) and not bullcrap unlock levels/power ups.
05-31-2013, 01:59 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: BCN
Posts: 821
i think i have spent between 20-30$, 90% going to playdek for expansions and the other 10% to neuroshima hex
05-31-2013, 02:51 AM
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 578
Exact just reminded me... I bought my wife a $10 card for FarmVille about 3 years ago.... So $12, not. $2.