★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Can Games be swapped between peoples iTunes?

12-08-2008, 03:52 AM
Can Games be swapped between peoples iTunes?

Me and my friend have alot of different games and were wondering if we copy them from our iTunes > Mobile Applications Folder onto each others if iTunes will allowed them to go on our iPod Touches. We have found that this is the case with everything else on iTunes.
12-08-2008, 04:04 AM
Yes I have copied my apps over to my wife's Touch too, and they work fine. Her iTunes is authorized with my account.
However, the only problem I encounter is when those apps need updating- they won't on my wife's even though the updates show up. I have to update on mine and copy over again.
12-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Thanks

Thanks alot =D
12-08-2008, 04:35 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Although if you can trust them with you account details, he can then update. Only if you are sure he won't buy stuff with your details tho.
12-08-2008, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulio View Post
Although if you can trust them with you account details, he can then update. Only if you are sure he won't buy stuff with your details tho.
I don't trust my wife THAT much
12-08-2008, 04:54 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wastedyuthe View Post
I don't trust my wife THAT much
Haha fair enough :P
You can always borrow her device when the apps get updates and fill it in and you can then download the updates. This is what I did with my brothers account. I have an update for pianist, which he bought, and when I click on download update, the window (this is on a touch not on comp) comes up with two white boxes ie. you can edit the account name and password. The only thing wrong with this is that he's in japan and i don't know his account details so I can't get it. Just have to wait til he comes back.