Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-03-2013, 08:12 AM

Default Ayakashi: Ghost Guild - (by Zynga Inc.) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

That's really weird since my wife just opened a cafe called Ayakashi Sweets, and she's been using that name for a while now to sell her cakes and stuff. This could either be good for people searching the name online, or damning as it's a Zynga game!
Old 06-03-2013, 08:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by putermcgee View Post
That's really weird since my wife just opened a cafe called Ayakashi Sweets, and she's been using that name for a while now to sell her cakes and stuff. This could either be good for people searching the name online, or damning as it's a Zynga game!
Bizarre timing. You might end up with a line of kids waiting for you to open tomorrow. Eager to spend their parents money on your tasty IAPs
Old 06-03-2013, 08:22 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
tasty IAPs
Tasty International Apple Pastries.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Lol sounds delicious. You watch Zynga eat them all
Old 06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
As long as they're consumable, you'll be okay.
Old 06-04-2013, 07:27 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Gave this a little time yesterday, hoping there might be *something* to the game...

Essentially, it's Puzzles & Dragons with more story and no puzzles. Gerbil wheel gaming to the core with little incentive to play unless you dig super kawaii dialog, characters, and "stories" on timers.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:19 PM
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Xenosage

Jeez, I see there is no love for this game on TouchArcade
I guess not many anime/manga lovers hold place here...

Anyway, about week ago I was looking for a decent TCG card game for my iPhone 3Gs. I checked few of them, like Fantasica and some others I don't remember right now - yes, I know there are Shadow Era, Magic: The Gathering and Ascension - but I was looking for something different. When I downloaded Ayakashi: Ghost Guild, my first thought was: "ok, again some piece of shit to check and throw away." But it turned out that I'm still in it and I really enjoy playing this game.

Some things about the game itself - Well, it is actually a mix of Visual Novel + TCG Card Game. It is a Visual Novel type in a very minimal way, as you don't have possibility to choose/decide for your character, you can only follow the story as it goes. The player takes a role of a Ghost Agent, someone who is responsible to take care of various problems regarding different ghosts. You're assisted by a ghost named Mira, who serves you in your journey (she is actually like a friend or secretary, something like that).
During your journey, you'll encounter so-called 'daemons', who may or may not join your team. The game focuses on collecting daemons and upgrading them, and solving mysterious cases in the Story Mode.

I found the graphics very very cute, sharp and polished. There are lots of daemons to encounter and possess, and these daemons divide into three categories: Phantoms (so-called vengeful spirits), Divina (holy spirits), and Anima (spirits of weapons and objects). Each 'element' beats another. for example Phantoms destroy Anima spirits etc... Additionally, each daemon can be upgraded (by leveling up, or by 'transmigrating-evolving' it)

There are also special events which allow players to collect new and rare cards, and participate in various tournaments.

Something about cons:
- the game requires constant Internet Connection, as it is virtually a browser game in mobile version. Playing it on 3G/EDGE is a total pain...
- there is a division between so-called cash players and free-cash players. I just started playing so I don't know exactly how big the gap is, but from what I heard and read, it is indeed a huge one. Even though, I'm going to enjoy it, as I love collecting lovely and cute anime cards! <buhaha>.

It's free, so give it a chance and check it up.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:55 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

The game could be okay but I'm not a fan of this style of art at all, find it quite creepy. But constant internet connection needed. Big no no
Old 06-08-2013, 02:10 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosage View Post
Jeez, I see there is no love for this game on TouchArcade
The problem is that there is zero game here.

You assemble your "team", you click on a mission button that results in nothing but watching your energy go down and the completion percentage for that mission going up. At some point, you encounter the enemy, stats are compared, some cheesy animations are displayed and you win or lose with no input. You read some dialog, rinse, repeat.

It's a collecting app with a set of on rails stories, no game, no actual card mechanics, nothing. At least something like P&D has the interaction of a match-3 game and some actual depth to the team building, this is just rock-paper-scissors with a whole lot of time wasting fluff in between throws.