App description: Collect demons to be the most powerful ghost agent! Ayakashi: Ghost Guild is the definitive version of gorgeous card battle RPGs with over 20 million players from around the world! No registration required!

Mysterious fantasy themed card battle RPG

Ayakashi: Ghost Guild
Create the most powerful demon deck as a ghost agent
Ayakashi: Ghost Guild is a free role-playing / card battle game with a rich story line of the battles with ghosts and other agents.
Enjoy the world of Ayakashi: Ghost Guild filled with gorgeously designed demon cards and beautiful music!

What is Ayakashi: Ghost Guild?
Game description
As a ghost agent, players try to come to grips with the mysterious events occurring around them. These events are being triggered by legendary creatures with enigmatic power beyond comprehension. Players must attempt to gain control of ghosts and bring them under their power, changing them to a demon. Throughout the rich story line, players must battle against scores of ghosts as well as rival agents.

Loads of beautifully designed demon cards for you to collect!
The game boasts gorgeous demons from all over the world, emanating from three distinct origins Phantom, Divina, and Anima. Drawing the player deep into the game, they must fight through spectacular battles to collect them all and complete the Demon Scroll.

Story
Since ancient times...sprites, magical creatures, ghouls, heavenly spirits and other beings with unworldly powers have been striking fear, and occasionally wonder into human hearts everywhere. These beings are better known as... Ghosts.
Unbeknownst to us, a special group has been protecting humanity from these ghosts' spooky deeds. These people are known as... Ghost Agents.
A young agent with the power to communicate with ghosts, and sufficient talent to put them to use as demons, has appeared...

How to play
Collect demons by summoning and progressing through the story
Players can obtain demons as they make progress through the story, and they can get rare demons by summoning them. In addition, players can get rare demons by collecting all the sealed stones in the story, which will release a rare demon.

Negotiate with ghosts to add them to your demon collection
As a ghost agent, the player has the chance to recruit ghosts to serve them as a demon after they have been defeated. The negotiation is not guaranteed to go well, and there is a chance the ghost will reject the offer so the player may have to rely on luck.

Enhance demons
Once the player has obtained a demon, they can be enhanced by fusing them with other demons. Leveling up your demons will improve their abilities and increase particular skill levels, which is crucial in battling other players.

Facebook fan page
Check out the latest event updates and game characters description here!
http://www.facebook.com/zynga.ayakashi

Sanuku's comments:

06-03-2013, 08:14 AM
That's really weird since my wife just opened a cafe called Ayakashi Sweets, and she's been using that name for a while now to sell her cakes and stuff. This could either be good for people searching the name online, or damning as it's a Zynga game!

06-03-2013, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by putermcgee View Post
That's really weird since my wife just opened a cafe called Ayakashi Sweets, and she's been using that name for a while now to sell her cakes and stuff. This could either be good for people searching the name online, or damning as it's a Zynga game!
Bizarre timing. You might end up with a line of kids waiting for you to open tomorrow. Eager to spend their parents money on your tasty IAPs
06-03-2013, 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost_Deputy View Post
tasty IAPs
Tasty International Apple Pastries.
06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Lol sounds delicious. You watch Zynga eat them all
06-03-2013, 08:38 AM
Quote:
As long as they're consumable, you'll be okay.
06-04-2013, 07:27 AM
Gave this a little time yesterday, hoping there might be *something* to the game...

Essentially, it's Puzzles & Dragons with more story and no puzzles. Gerbil wheel gaming to the core with little incentive to play unless you dig super kawaii dialog, characters, and "stories" on timers.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )
06-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to Xenosage
Jeez, I see there is no love for this game on TouchArcade
I guess not many anime/manga lovers hold place here...

Anyway, about week ago I was looking for a decent TCG card game for my iPhone 3Gs. I checked few of them, like Fantasica and some others I don't remember right now - yes, I know there are Shadow Era, Magic: The Gathering and Ascension - but I was looking for something different. When I downloaded Ayakashi: Ghost Guild, my first thought was: "ok, again some piece of shit to check and throw away." But it turned out that I'm still in it and I really enjoy playing this game.

Some things about the game itself - Well, it is actually a mix of Visual Novel + TCG Card Game. It is a Visual Novel type in a very minimal way, as you don't have possibility to choose/decide for your character, you can only follow the story as it goes. The player takes a role of a Ghost Agent, someone who is responsible to take care of various problems regarding different ghosts. You're assisted by a ghost named Mira, who serves you in your journey (she is actually like a friend or secretary, something like that).
During your journey, you'll encounter so-called 'daemons', who may or may not join your team. The game focuses on collecting daemons and upgrading them, and solving mysterious cases in the Story Mode.

I found the graphics very very cute, sharp and polished. There are lots of daemons to encounter and possess, and these daemons divide into three categories: Phantoms (so-called vengeful spirits), Divina (holy spirits), and Anima (spirits of weapons and objects). Each 'element' beats another. for example Phantoms destroy Anima spirits etc... Additionally, each daemon can be upgraded (by leveling up, or by 'transmigrating-evolving' it)

There are also special events which allow players to collect new and rare cards, and participate in various tournaments.

Something about cons:
- the game requires constant Internet Connection, as it is virtually a browser game in mobile version. Playing it on 3G/EDGE is a total pain...
- there is a division between so-called cash players and free-cash players. I just started playing so I don't know exactly how big the gap is, but from what I heard and read, it is indeed a huge one. Even though, I'm going to enjoy it, as I love collecting lovely and cute anime cards! <buhaha>.

It's free, so give it a chance and check it up.

- Finished and recommended: Battleheart, Drawn: The Painted Tower and Dark Flight, Supermagical, Fantastic Knight, Jelly Defense, Brave Ghost
- Currently playing: MinoMonsters, Vampire Slasher, Lightning Fighter x Francesca
- Waiting for: Give me Disciples for iOS? <please>
06-08-2013, 01:55 PM
The game could be okay but I'm not a fan of this style of art at all, find it quite creepy. But constant internet connection needed. Big no no
06-08-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenosage View Post
Jeez, I see there is no love for this game on TouchArcade
The problem is that there is zero game here.

You assemble your "team", you click on a mission button that results in nothing but watching your energy go down and the completion percentage for that mission going up. At some point, you encounter the enemy, stats are compared, some cheesy animations are displayed and you win or lose with no input. You read some dialog, rinse, repeat.

It's a collecting app with a set of on rails stories, no game, no actual card mechanics, nothing. At least something like P&D has the interaction of a match-3 game and some actual depth to the team building, this is just rock-paper-scissors with a whole lot of time wasting fluff in between throws.

Game Center : "Chip H.". Grand Poobah of Troop "Touch Arcade" in Battle Camp (referral code: hns1w1 )