★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Orb D - now FREE

07-17-2009, 01:33 PM
Orb D - now FREE

itunes link - 99 cents (currently FREE)

ORB D

This is ground control to Major Tom...are you out there...
This is ground control to Major Tom...we have a problem...

The Elohssa's have sent out a fleet of mother ships to conquer the galaxy. Major Tom you are our last, great hope to save all kind in the Milky Way. Our plan is to infect each Mother Ship with a poison ball that will infect the Elohssa's life support system and send them back to their homeworld.

Our intelligence tells us they have a complicate defense system which one must navigate to get to the Mother Ships when they are on the planets surface. You, Major Tom, will need to find a way of getting the poison ball into there ship and you must do it as quickly as you can. We have reports that they have invade 4 Planets in our Galaxy with each planet having 5 Mother Ships somewhere on the surface.

Good luck Major Tom, and my the force be with you! Ground Control over and out...

Features:
- 20 levels each increasing in difficulty.
- Beautifully designed planet backdrops.
- Heart stopping music to keep you gripped to the action
- Highest score recorded for each level

6. The entire half screen acts like a button so there will be no fumbling around trying to stop the clock.
By comparison only, if you like the features of AstroTilt, Tilt Maze, Tilt Fighter then be sure to check out Inner Four's My Game Timer.

07-17-2009, 01:36 PM
I tried this. First of all the game is 80mb. Fairly big for the amount a time to complete the game. I beat all 20 levels in less than 30 min. Second of all the use of the accelerometer is way off. It needs to be much more sensitive. Overall the game had a good idea but i don't believe they pulled it off. But hey it's free so try it out.

07-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsfan791 View Post
I tried this. First of all the game is 80mb. Fairly big for the amount a time to complete the game. I beat all 20 levels in less than 30 min. Second of all the use of the accelerometer is way off. It needs to be much more sensitive. Overall the game had a good idea but i don't believe they pulled it off. But hey it's free so try it out.
yeah, i saw the 80MB file size, made me curious why it was so large

good to hear your impressions, though
07-17-2009, 03:01 PM
David Bowie FTW!

Gamecenter:1337brian
07-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
yeah, i saw the 80MB file size, made me curious why it was so large

good to hear your impressions, though
Maybe the high-resolution background images and textures? Won't be able to try it out 'til I get my new iPod (gotta save the space), but might as well, download it.
07-17-2009, 03:26 PM
surprised by the size of the app too
07-18-2009, 02:27 AM
Well, it looks like it uses Unity. There are different flavours of Unity. The priciest does not allow to remove unnecessary libraries, which might be the case here.

Add me: GameCenter: Crypton72
Agon|CloudCell|GameloftLive!|OpenFeint|Plus+: Crypton
Proud Member of Touch Arcaders Against Piracy!
Follow me on Twitter!
07-18-2009, 11:06 AM
wow free 3d game? getting it
07-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
This is ground control to Major Tom...are you out there...
This is ground control to Major Tom...we have a problem...
This is a very nice song fom David Bowie!

Ah . the game? .. I'll download it later.

Regards,

Pablo
Scoreloop ID: coolman

My game: GeoRain in the AppStore, July 1st - 0.99$