★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: EXPERIENCE THE VIETNAM WAR AIR COMBAT

Immerse yourself into the mist of the Vietnam war as an US helicopter or a fighter pilot.

Not like other flight sim games for mobile devices, in Gunship-III the cockpit is highly simulated with ultra-realistic 3D cockpit, full function dashboard, realistic sound effects and all moving parts.

Graphics are highly detail with cities, jungles, airbases, also includes a vast terrain covers Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.

In Gunship-III, you have more aircrafts available to fly more than any other games. We're working hard to bring even more in future updates.

Weapon systems in Gunship-III are also highly detail and accurate with real recorded sounds, high fire rate for miniguns as well explosion effect for bombs and rockets.

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENT (AI)

Each mission features many AI aircrafts, you also have AI gunners onboard who will shoot at anything firing at them and make sure nothing could touch your aircraft.

The enemy is also aggressive and fearless, they only shoot at you when in close range and be aware of those RPG, they sure take an aircraft down just by one hit.

FEATURES:

* AI aircraft performance advanced combat tasks.
* 360 3D cockpit view with zoom.
* Fully functioning cockpit avionics.
* Pilot G visual effects.
* Auto pilot for long flight.
* Weapon system: minigun, rocket, smoke grenade...
* Details graphics with cities, trees, ground troop on a vast terrain map
* Two realistic and detailed Vietnam War campaigns: Rolling Thunder (1965) and Barrel Roll (1964).
* Full version features 7 flyable helicopters: H-19 Chickasaw, H-34 Choctaw, CH-47 Chinook, UH-1D Huey, OH-6A Cayuse, UH-1B Huey Gunship, AH-1G Cobra.
* Full version features 3 flyable airplanes: A-1 Skyraider, F-100D Super Sabre, F-4D Phantom II.
* Multiplayer with live chat, fly with people around the world.

Sanuku's comments:

Lite Version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/gunship-iii-free/id464214601

06-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Excellent game play with many varied missions.
06-05-2013, 10:14 AM
What's the difference between the FREE and paid version? This also just looks like the same game as Gunship II.

Honestly, it would be nice if "APACHE", "CHAOS HD", and "GUNSHIP II" combined and focused on a good multiplayer experience. Too many flight sims leaving you wanting. Or use the new mobile frostbite and bring us Battlefield Bad Company - "Chopper Wars".

Aerofly FS is another example of a great idea that came up short on content. Love the cockpit views, but for God's sake, let the machine gun fire.
06-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehoo View Post
What's the difference between the FREE and paid version? This also just looks like the same game as Gunship II.
Answer: I tried the free version, it gets only the first two missions, transporting troops and stuff to one point to another.

Confused: on the first mission, after I land on the carrier, there is no message whatsoever if I have completed my mission or what I should do next. What should do?

Appreciation: Other than the above issue and lack of atmosphere, the scaling of the 3D world and the dashboard are really well done. I really like the 3D cockpit with working instruments and some good feeling (I have not flown the real thing to see if it it authentic) of flying.

Complaint: the game is about choppers in the era but the icon and splash screen show jets, they are very misleading!

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
06-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Knocking: developer, hello?

Observation: by reading the app description of Gunship II, I see there has been promised of addition content of the previous incarnation, but instead, we get this...with the same promise...I am on hold with my $$$

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)