Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-05-2013, 06:30 AM

Default PYXL - (by PerpetuallyBeta LLC)

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 3.7 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements :

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Thumb bending action packed gameplay!

PYXL was a baby pixel, born to the land of screens. Just like thousands of other tiny little pixels, he dreamed to one day grow up to be a real life pixel, displaying magic and amazingness to all the humans that watched them.

But all little pixels, before they can take on the momentous job of flashing millions of times a day, in perfect organized sequence, to come together in beautiful synchronization and display perfect imagery to the humans - must first prove themselves worthy.

Can you help PYXL pass the test?

Highlights:
- Simple but skillful gameplay challenging your skills, reflexes, and thumb agility.
- Multiple levels of difficulty - start as easy as you want or earn more points by cranking it up!
- Rotate, match, tap, and power up!
- Watch the game get faster and harder - do you think you can keep up?
iPhone Screenshots

Old 06-05-2013, 07:16 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Doesn't look like a pixel to me.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:55 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

hmm, wondering how the controls will be... the gameplay looks like the gyro extreme..
Old 06-05-2013, 09:35 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by copaeci View Post
hmm, wondering how the controls will be... the gameplay looks like the gyro extreme..
From what I quoted below it seems that you have a virtual joystick controlled by your thumb on the left and you tap on the right... I cant be 100% sure but it looks this way.

Im intrigued by this one, always like the genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Thumb bending action packed gameplay!Simple but skillful gameplay challenging your skills, reflexes, and thumb agility. Rotate, match, tap, and power uo
Old 06-05-2013, 09:48 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

That's not a pixel. It's a triangle dressed in RGB.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:03 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

Searched EVERYWHERE and couldn't find a video. Only the developer website and there isnt any info at all about Pyxl.. Sanuku? Strivemind?
Old 06-05-2013, 02:31 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hey Guys!

This is the game author chiming in! Wow I should have realized that the game should already have gone live in parts of the world - thank you everyone for your interest!

I'll definitely get a game video up sometime tonight and post it on my website and here as well to give you a little bit more of an idea around the gameplay. In my mind, I would describe it as a combination between Collision Effect and Tetris.

As far as the game is concerned though - I am the solo author who did all the code, design, and music - and as you guys play it I would love to hear your feedback on what could be added & improved!

Cheers!
Old 06-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Hi and welcome to Touch Arcade! I would like to see a video as I got no idea at all about it, no clue, just a good description
Old 06-05-2013, 02:56 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

This looks eerily similar to another game that was released a few months ago. I could be totally wrong, but I believe it was by the same folks who made Prisoner 84. Something about computer viruses and whatnot. The gameplay consisted of a one-tap mechanic where you'd spin around your little triangle (which would evolve into different shapes the farther you got) to match the same color of the viruses attacking it. I'm really, really hoping this isn't exactly the same. :/
Old 06-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Looking at the screen and at the description/new info by the developer my guess is that you spin the triangle with your thumb to catch the incoming colored orbs with the correct side of the triangle and with taps you do something Im not sure of, probably activating powerups... Still have to see the video