★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Designed by 16 year-old developer, Aaron Gaudette, N-Cube is a first-person action/racing game that features a randomly generated world each time at play. Watch the video at: www.fugudev.net/apps

With retro sounds and graphics optimized for both tablets and phones, N-Cube challenges you to score as many points as possible while keeping your timer above zero.

Accelerate, turn, jump, and slide to collect the most digital 'cookies' without getting penalized. Shake to avoid getting your screen covered by pixelated viruses that grow larger and multiply faster over time. Find powerups to enhance your abilities for a few moments.

Aaron programmed the game, designed the graphics, and composed the music himself. Learn more at his website: fugudev.net

As reviewed on appgefahren (German): goo.gl/5Lnuw

Sanuku's comments:
Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 37.3 MB.

Price in NZ is $1.29 which should translate to USD $0.99

Requirements :

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Designed by 16 year old developer, Aaron Gaudette, N-Cube is a first-person action/racing game that features a randomly generated world each time at play. Watch the video at: www.fugudev.net/apps

With retro sounds and graphics optimized for both tablets and phones, N-Cube challenges you to score as many points as possible while keeping your timer above zero.

Accelerate, turn, jump, and slide to collect the most digital 'cookies' without getting penalized. Shake to avoid getting your screen covered by pixelated viruses that grow larger and multiply faster over time. Find powerups to enhance your abilities for a few moments.

Aaron programmed the game, designed the graphics, and composed the music himself. Learn more at his website: www.fugudev.net
iPhone Screenshots

06-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Looks promissing! Waiting for a video.

06-05-2013, 12:39 PM
There is a video on the dev's site: http://www.fugudev.net/apps
06-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipipitchu View Post
There is a video on the dev's site: http://www.fugudev.net/apps
There's a ton of potential for this to be the next Super Hexagon/Impossible Road depending on the difficulty. I'll most probably be picking it up, but having to sit there and shake an iPad doesn't exactly seem like the best idea. :/

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
06-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Based on the video, this is Pac-Man played from a first person perspective, with the occasional jumping or ducking.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
06-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Good point! Looks like Pac Man + Temple Run

EDIT: Pac Man without ghosts and with timer + Temple Run + Crazy Taxi

Last edited by Pipipitchu; 06-05-2013 at 07:28 PM.
06-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Good game. Far from being as great as Super Hexagon or as polished as Impossible Road, but a good job for such a young developer. The game needs some more work, but it's promissing.
06-08-2013, 02:47 PM