★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny -> FREE

06-05-2013, 10:59 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny -> FREE

06-05-2013, 11:03 PM
Wow. Didn't expect this to ever go free. I hope it's not a bait and switch and my paid version is going to include garbage.

06-05-2013, 11:10 PM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
I hope it's not a bait and switch and my paid version is going to include garbage.
I seriously doubt it. The description even says:
Quote:
Towelfight 2 is temporarily FREE while we work on getting our next title out to the app store. Get it while its HOT! No ads, no IAP. Just free.
They seem pretty proud of the untainted quality of the game.
06-05-2013, 11:15 PM
Quadropus Rampage was supposed to hit tonight, but unfortunately it was met with a delay. It is however available on Google play and android. I was so looking forward to playing this game tonight as it looks awesome! Towel Fight 2 being free is some what of a consolatory prize to say they are sorry for missing our market I guess!
06-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bool Zero View Post
Quadropus Rampage was supposed to hit tonight, but unfortunately it was met with a delay. It is however available on Google play and android. I was so looking forward to playing this game tonight as it looks awesome! Towel Fight 2 being free is some what of a consolatory prize to say they are sorry for missing our market I guess!

That's exactly what they said over Twitter yesterday: "We're SORRY! As consolidation, we made TF2 free."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightc1 View Post
Wow. Didn't expect this to ever go free. I hope it's not a bait and switch and my paid version is going to include garbage.
Nope.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
06-06-2013, 04:41 AM
TowelFight 2 is a lot of fun and now, for a limited time, I declare it to be the most fun you can have for free without risk of being arrested.
06-06-2013, 05:14 AM
I am very happy I got this
It's like the binding of Isaac (STEAM PC Game) and for me, that's really awesome! This is definitely going to be on my device forever.
Not to mention I beat in one night *with no sleep*
06-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce
They seem pretty proud of the untainted quality of the game.
Cool. When the thread was posted the appinfo didn't have the blurb about why it was free. Glad to see they added that.
06-06-2013, 01:43 PM
Maybe I'm missing something, but I found the controls terrible on my iPhone and quickly deleted the game. I'll have to see if it's any better on my iPad.
06-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dancj View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but I found the controls terrible on my iPhone and quickly deleted the game. I'll have to see if it's any better on my iPad.
It's true the controls aren't typical for dual stick shooters because the right control (shooting) is analogue while the left (movement) is 360 degree because you can only shoot in the 4 cardinal directions. For me awareness of the attack design being limited to only up down left right helped me understand the controls better and enjoy the game.