★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fastlane or Fast and the Furious:

12-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Fastlane or Fast and the Furious:

What do you guys recommend? Based on reviews and youtube gameplay, Fastlane looks awesome; however, FastFurious looks pretty cool too
12-08-2008, 09:44 AM
Send a message via MSN to Paulio
I havnt got either game, but my choice would be fastlane. It looks awesome. Plus it's got an accelerator and a brake. Too many games lack this, I don't know why, but they do. Note that fastlane isn't just a pedal to the metal game, it actually takes skill to drive. So I'd go fastlane.

12-08-2008, 09:52 AM
i have both games (and nearly all racing games on the app store) and its 100% Fast & Furious. This Game is awesome. Amazing graphics and handling and the multiplayer mode makes it so much fun to play with mates and nick there cars of them that they have just won using the link slip feature !!
12-08-2008, 09:58 AM
I have both.

Fastlane requires time and patience (unless you have more skill than the average) because it does not have an arcade or easy mode. If you don't mind then it'd be a nice purchase.

FF is an arcade race game. In the second or third game you're probably wining some races. In addition, it has drag, drift, race and cop modes. Initially I was not impressed but I'm enjoying the game now. It's nice to spend some free time.
12-08-2008, 10:17 AM
I' haven't tried Fast and the Furious. But Fastlane is pretty good. Reminds me of Ridge Racer. The handling takes getting used to, but it is worth the practice.
12-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicviper42 View Post
I' haven't tried Fast and the Furious. But Fastlane is pretty good. Reminds me of Ridge Racer. The handling takes getting used to, but it is worth the practice.
I have PSP Ridge Racer version and it's a completely different game than Fastlane IMO.

Just in time: to start you don't get frustrated (at least not too soon).
12-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Regular readers know my thoughts on Fastlane- it is a very good game, but it needs a lot of dedication to win the later stages against the timer, and even more dedication (and patience) to keep up with the opponent cars. I recommend it, but only to serious gamers- casuals need not apply.
Can't say about F&F- I haven't got that one yet. Waiting for more video footage and/or reviews.
12-08-2008, 11:08 AM
i just found this vid for FF

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=kCt-sCaKVEg