★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy - by Big Daddy's Creations : $6.99 -> $4.99

06-06-2013, 06:29 AM
Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy - by Big Daddy's Creations : $6.99 -> $4.99

06-06-2013, 11:33 AM
ACCOUNT CLOSED: Officially Quit iOS Gaming
Advice to potential buyers:-

This is an excellent game BUT you need something like a science degree to understand it. I bought it last week and still, even after following the tutorial a dozen times, still I don't understand what the hell is going on or what to do.

It looks awesome but its very very VERY complex indeed.

06-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Advice to potential buyers:-

This is an excellent game BUT you need something like a science degree to understand it. I bought it last week and still, even after following the tutorial a dozen times, still I don't understand what the hell is going on or what to do.

It looks awesome but its very very VERY complex indeed.
I would love to see you tackle Phantom Leader... *evil grin*
06-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
I would love to see you tackle Phantom Leader... *evil grin*
I simply ADORE Phantom Leader and play it often

of course any game with an A6 in it is almost instant buy for me

Tbh Phantom Leader is 100x easier to understand, well for me anyway.
06-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Quote:
I simply ADORE Phantom Leader and play it often

of course any game with an A6 in it is almost instant buy for me

Tbh Phantom Leader is 100x easier to understand, well for me anyway.
What is the objective of Phantom Leader? I still can't figure out that game...
06-06-2013, 01:33 PM
Eclipse is a fairly simple game once you strip down its thematic jargon to euro mechanics such as worker placement and resource management.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
—Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins—
06-06-2013, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_neo View Post
Eclipse is a fairly simple game once you strip down its thematic jargon to euro mechanics such as worker placement and resource management.
Agreed.

Also, before anyone gets scared off Mene admitted in the main thread that while playing the tutorial a few times the in-game manual was left unread. The tutorial is nice to get your feet wet but the manual is where every rule is spelled out in detail.

If you're a visual learner the mechanics will also make a lot more sense once you see the board game's pieces in motion. I posted a link to a review of the game on thedicetower's YouTube channel in the main thread but you can always search the web and get a result that way.
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
Agreed.

Also, before anyone gets scared off Mene admitted in the main thread that while playing the tutorial a few times the in-game manual was left unread.
I'd like to correct this error and say that I quite clearly said I READ the manual but didnt understand a damn thing.

I don't know why the person above is attacking me, I have not attacked the game, in fact if you read the first thing I said was its 'awesome', I just have trouble understanding it. But I have read the manual.
06-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Looks like all Big Daddy's Creations games are on sale.
06-06-2013, 06:22 PM
Quote:
I'd like to correct this error and say that I quite clearly said I READ the manual but didnt understand a damn thing.

I don't know why the person above is attacking me, I have not attacked the game, in fact if you read the first thing I said was its 'awesome', I just have trouble understanding it. But I have read the manual.
I'm not attacking you, I'm giving context based on your own posts:

Quote:
Tbh I'm just thick. Perhaps if I could put my finger on exactly what my problem is, I could read up and learn but I'm not sure.

I find myself staring at the screen and countless icons wondering what the hell am I supposed to do next.
AND

[QUOTE=Mene;2856305]Did the tutorial, yes. That wa[the first thing I did. Reading the manual? No. I have to admit not, I did start but quit when my head was spinning/QUOTE]

You can't just say a game needs "something like a science degree to understand it" but not mention the above. Especially when your posts were in response to other users actively trying to help you understand the game if you'd only say what part(s) you don't understand.