★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Underrated favorites

07-17-2009, 10:18 PM
#1
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,125
Underrated favorites

What games do you really like that didn't get as much credit or hype as you thought they should?
Mine are:

Cube
Vans SK8: Pool Service
Bugdom 2
Otto-Matic: Alien Invasion
Crazy Snowboard
MotoChaser
I Love Katamari

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
07-17-2009, 10:25 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: The Internet
Posts: 1,533
There have already been several threads just like this one...though I'm having trouble finding them...

EDIT:
A shorter, more recent one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ht=hidden+gems
A longer, older one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4139

EDIT EDIT: and dude, all of the ones you listed are fairly-well-known to very-well-known games...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein

Last edited by Fletch; 07-17-2009 at 10:31 PM.

07-17-2009, 10:35 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Covington, GA
Posts: 146
Send a message via AIM to bLiNdSiDe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
There have already been several threads just like this one...though I'm having trouble finding them...

EDIT:
A shorter, more recent one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ht=hidden+gems
A longer, older one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4139

EDIT EDIT: and dude, all of the ones you listed are fairly-well-known to very-well-known games...
You dont have to be a prick to him though....

Gamecenter / OpenFeint / plus+ / Crystal / Agon : blindside82
07-17-2009, 10:45 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: West Virginia, USA
Posts: 65
This happens way, way too much here. In this type of catagory, u are going to have repeat thread types. It's just the nature of a rather specific forum & a even more specfic sub-topic. Can't we just freakin respond with our list of games that the OP suggested, or if u aren't interested, choose a different thread to read. Or if u just want to read & see what other people like. I don't undrstand why people feel the need to post in damn near every freaking thread, "this has been posted before". Yeah, no sh1+, and we've heard u say that b4 too.
07-17-2009, 10:49 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterymix View Post
This happens way, way too much here. In this type of catagory, u are going to have repeat thread types. It's just the nature of a rather specific forum & a even more specfic sub-topic. Can't we just freakin respond with our list of games that the OP suggested, or if u aren't interested, choose a different thread to read. Or if u just want to read & see what other people like. I don't undrstand why people feel the need to post in damn near every freaking thread, "this has been posted before". Yeah, no sh1+, and we've heard u say that b4 too.
+1
The huge one of mine that i can think of without goin thru my apps is gears of gravity. ITs a lot of fun, especially finally completing a level.

I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEW IPHONE AHHHH I WANT IT SO BAD I'M PRETTY SURE I'M THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WHO STILL USES THE ORIGINAL IPHONE 2G.
07-17-2009, 11:05 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
There have already been several threads just like this one...though I'm having trouble finding them...

EDIT:
A shorter, more recent one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ht=hidden+gems
A longer, older one: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=4139

EDIT EDIT: and dude, all of the ones you listed are fairly-well-known to very-well-known games...
Honestly, I searched for about fifteen minutes, but to no avail. I found nothing close to this thread. But now that I posted, some guy found one of them. Just my luck, right?

I didn't say games that no one knows about or games that are not well known. Just games you do not feel get enough credit. Not many mention or even like those games. I didn't say "Unknown", I said "Underrated".

I find your lack of knowledge disturbing..

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2

Last edited by CaseyLay; 07-17-2009 at 11:10 PM.
07-17-2009, 11:08 PM
#7
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 6,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLay View Post
Honestly, I searched for about fifteen minutes, but to no avail. I found nothing close to this thread. But now that I posted, some guy found two of them. Just my luck, right?
Don't worry. The search engine sucks. Just hang around and you'll know what gets posted a lot. Noobs are prime meat at your stage. If you want me to b****slap Fletch for you. *does so, Fletch runs away whimpering*
07-17-2009, 11:11 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Don't worry. The search engine sucks. Just hang around and you'll know what gets posted a lot. Noobs are prime meat at your stage. If you want me to b****slap Fletch for you. *does so, Fletch runs away whimpering*
No need. After thinking it over, I come to find that he misread it. As I said before, I didn't say games that no one knows about or games that are not well known. Just games you do not feel get enough credit. Not many mention or even like those games. I didn't say "Unknown", I said "Underrated". On second thought, I guess you're ok with the slapping.

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
07-18-2009, 01:53 AM
#9
Im glad two favs of ours are climbing like crazy: I Dig and Must.Eat.Birds

What is happening moreso than not I see tho is that there are SO MANY apps being released, like those above, that "might" get a thread, and the thread gets pushed down during the day after it's creation, then I at night never see it.

Kolonist is recent example, a Settlers of Catan clone that I didn't know existed until someone posted to it out of the blue, but it was released and discussed unbeknownst to me tho I'm on daily.

A game I like right now that's not getting much attention is Smash Bunny.
Oh, and *Smack! from me too
07-18-2009, 01:57 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark NRG View Post
Im glad two favs of ours are climbing like crazy: I Dig and Must.Eat.Birds

What is happening moreso than not I see tho is that there are SO MANY apps being released, like those above, that "might" get a thread, and the thread gets pushed down during the day after it's creation, then I at night never see it.

Kolonist is recent example, a Settlers of Catan clone that I didn't know existed until someone posted to it out of the blue, but it was released and discussed unbeknownst to me tho I'm on daily.

A game I like right now that's not getting much attention is Smash Bunny.
Oh, and *Smack! from me too
You should expect threads to disappear. It can't be helped. You yourself cited the problem. A lot of good games stay hidden, so no smack for you.

I'm a staff editor at GamePodunk.com. Follow me on Twitter (@HLLivingLoco) for games and fun!