★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Announcing: Fission FPS from Scorch Games!!!!

07-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Announcing: Fission FPS from Scorch Games!!!!

We are proud to announce are new FPS named Fission. I don't want to give any info away just yet but it will be the best FPS this year. Thats right even better than killtest a.k.a livefire. It is a free roam map game (like that of FPS online) but it is going to have the graphical and story quality of DOOM:Resurrection. This game is due later this fall. We struggled with the idea of the game being on rails but figured that many people would be dissapointed.

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
07-18-2009, 12:27 AM
wow sounds pretty ambitious, got any screenshots or concept art?

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221

07-18-2009, 12:34 AM
You don't want to give any info, but you do... Sounds great, but everybody can create topic and write intriguing discription of fake game. No screens or video - no belief. It's life
When you'll show some screens or video - I'll write preview on my site (it's Russian, but not about bears, Russian dolls and vodka).
07-18-2009, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneprogrammer View Post
We are proud to announce are new FPS named Fission. I don't want to give any info away just yet but it will be the best FPS this year. Thats right even better than killtest a.k.a livefire.
Post a video, or at least some screenshots and i might believe you...

Two guys walked into a bar. You think they would've seen it or something.
07-18-2009, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iphoneprogrammer View Post
We are proud to announce are new FPS named Fission. I don't want to give any info away just yet but it will be the best FPS this year. Thats right even better than killtest a.k.a livefire. It is a free roam map game (like that of FPS online) but it is going to have the graphical and story quality of DOOM:Resurrection. This game is due later this fall. We struggled with the idea of the game being on rails but figured that many people would be dissapointed.
1. Almost all developers who take this seriously don't make official announcements without some accompanying, prewritten, well thought out statement about the project thier working on. I'm not saying your not taking it seroiusly, but if it's going to be as good as your claiming, you might want some background information backing up your claim. At the very least, get a good PR person to help you plan for announcents.

2. Claiming "it will be the best FPS of the year" is a shot in the foot regardless of how good it may be. Not all will agree with you and you will bite off more than you can chew when it's time to face the mob. Especially here at Touch Arcade.

3. Comparing your title as being better than another is not how you want people to percieve your outlook on developing. Show a little humility and let the paying customers and gaming sites decide how good your game really is.

4. If your not going to release any material, atleast give a site like TA a preview so they can see the work and give an opinion on it's play type, performance and quality.

Just my two cents. I look forward to seeing what you got.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Arcade Developer's Group Coordinator
Follow me on Twitter

Guidelines To Offering & Receiving Services
07-18-2009, 09:53 AM
I will put spme of our concept art out later today

You are not pretty enough to be that stupid.
07-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice to see that you're so ambitious, leads me to believe that it's unlikely to be a trainwreck anyways. But if I were you I'd publicise it without hyping it too much, or people will be disappointed. And maybe you should've held off announcing it til you had some screens and were well under way with development.
07-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Sounds good.
So is it isn't going to be on rails, right?

And what is the theme of the game, is it Sci-fi, Zombie shooter, Modern FPS etc???

Hakuna Matata
07-18-2009, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-Gaming View Post
No screens or video - no belief. It's life
Like they say on the internetz:
"Pics or it didn't happen."

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
07-18-2009, 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandog View Post
1. Almost all developers who take this seriously don't make official announcements without some accompanying, prewritten, well thought out statement about the project thier working on. I'm not saying your not taking it seroiusly, but if it's going to be as good as your claiming, you might want some background information backing up your claim. At the very least, get a good PR person to help you plan for announcents.

2. Claiming "it will be the best FPS of the year" is a shot in the foot regardless of how good it may be. Not all will agree with you and you will bite off more than you can chew when it's time to face the mob. Especially here at Touch Arcade.

3. Comparing your title as being better than another is not how you want people to percieve your outlook on developing. Show a little humility and let the paying customers and gaming sites decide how good your game really is.

4. If your not going to release any material, atleast give a site like TA a preview so they can see the work and give an opinion on it's play type, performance and quality.

Just my two cents. I look forward to seeing what you got.
Exactly. And btw is any type of multiplayer available?

Twitter: @back2this