★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Navigate mind-bending puzzles on the fringes of the universe using only the gravity of planetary bodies to reach your destination. Become immersed in the nebulous tones and beautiful colors of deep space.

Grav features 31 Campaign levels spanning 4 galaxies punctuated by epic boss battles. Compete against your best times on each level and earn stars for the fastest times. Master each level to earn the coveted 3 star rating!

In Free Play Mode, guide your ship through an infinitely scrolling level filled with intergalactic hijinks. Face the toughest challenges from the campaign along with new power-ups and dark matter enemies. Score massive points by racking up a high multiplier and keeping your ship in one piece.

What you see is what you get. We don't believe in blocking extra content with a paywall so we gave it all up for 1 dollar.

2dm_games's comments:
Navigate mind-bending puzzles on the fringes of the universe using only the gravity of planetary bodies to reach your destination. Become immersed in the nebulous tones and beautiful colors of deep space.

Grav features 31 Campaign levels spanning 4 galaxies punctuated by epic boss battles. Compete against your best times on each level and earn stars for the fastest times. Master each level to earn the coveted 3 star rating!

In Free Play Mode, guide your ship through an infinitely scrolling level filled with intergalactic hijinks. Face the toughest challenges from the campaign along with new power-ups and dark matter enemies. Score massive points by racking up a high multiplier and keeping your ship in one piece.

What you see is what you get. We don't believe in blocking extra content with a paywall so we gave it all up for 1 dollar.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Check it out on the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/grav/id655770180

Check it out on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....games2dm.grav

2DM Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/2DMGames
06-07-2013, 09:11 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Wowzers - this one looks - VERY interesting.

06-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Wowzers - this one looks - VERY interesting.
Thanks, syntheticvoid. We promise it is!
06-07-2013, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dm_games View Post
Thanks, syntheticvoid. We promise it is!
=o)

hehe.

Downloading now - I'll try and leave impressions before I go to work.
06-07-2013, 11:43 AM
Love the energy level in the trailer, now do I want this on my S3 or my iPad? Hmmm...
06-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broxxar View Post
Love the energy level in the trailer, now do I want this on my S3 or my iPad? Hmmm...
06-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danman9914 View Post
A shill account by the dev wrote... purchased Grav this morning and I have been super impressed so far. Halfway through world 2 and I have an 100k high score in free play XD
Great to hear. My personal best freeplay score is 2.2 mil

Last edited by psj3809; 06-07-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Amending quoted shill reply
06-08-2013, 10:14 PM
Well...

I finally got some time to check this one out, and while I wasn't initially too impressed, by the time I completed the first 10 stages, this one actually looks like a game I might wind up playing through to completion.

As some of you know, I'm a total sucker for gravity based physics games:;:Bombardiers Guild, G-Into The Rain, ect, and this kind of fits into that same group.

There's one touch controls which you use to control your ships thrust. Slingshot yourself around planets while trying to get to the end level goal in the shortest amount of time.

As usual, there's a 3 star rating system dependent on how quickly you can complete the stage. As you progress more elements and mechanics are added, like rotating barricades, wondering meteors and more. It can get pretty challenging, and downright difficult if you're going to go for the 3 star times.

Unfortunately, there's no GC support, so for those of you who are score chasers and achievement hunters might be a little disappointed, but the feeling of getting those 3 star times is great, and in itself, plenty of a reward.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting further into this one... =oD
06-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Well...

I finally got some time to check this one out, and while I wasn't initially too impressed, by the time I completed the first 10 stages, this one actually looks like a game I might wind up playing through to completion.

As some of you know, I'm a total sucker for gravity based physics games:;:Bombardiers Guild, G-Into The Rain, ect, and this kind of fits into that same group.

There's one touch controls which you use to control your ships thrust. Slingshot yourself around planets while trying to get to the end level goal in the shortest amount of time.

As usual, there's a 3 star rating system dependent on how quickly you can complete the stage. As you progress more elements and mechanics are added, like rotating barricades, wondering meteors and more. It can get pretty challenging, and downright difficult if you're going to go for the 3 star times.

Unfortunately, there's no GC support, so for those of you who are score chasers and achievement hunters might be a little disappointed, but the feeling of getting those 3 star times is great, and in itself, plenty of a reward.

I'm definitely looking forward to getting further into this one... =oD
I swear I have seen a game or two with this exact gameplay mechanic...

I think one was in the Bit.Trip series, and there was even one on iOS, if not several...

I'm glad you are enjoying it so much, though! Since it seems the developer was turning to shilling, though, I have a hard time supporting it. I mean... I really have a no-tolerance policy for that in my purchases, no matter if it's one time or many times. An exception can be made if the game is truly extraordinary, but we're talking Wake the Cat or Quell: Memento level of extraordinary, and that is to say almost perfect gaming experiences.

わたしのねこはがこうえいきます。
私の猫は学校絵行きます。
06-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Yeah, I don't blame you...

And I know there have been other titles like this... But yeah, gravity physics junkie here, so... Meh. =oP