★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Redshift
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 12.8 MB
  • Version: 18.7
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The Quest - Celtic Doom is an expansion to The Quest, a beautifully hand-drawn, immersive and enchanting world full of exciting challenges. After enabling the expansion, you can explore new areas and quests. However, if you don't have The Quest, you can also play the expansion as a standalone game.

This is the third in our Celtic trilogy, suitable for a character that's finished Celtic Queen and perhaps HOLV. Merlin has called you back to his Celtic world because he fears Prince Malin wants to usurp Queen Habren's throne. He's locked up Prince Malin's love, Lady Lotti, and wants the Prince dead by your hand. Meanwhile, Habren is tired of being queen and needs your help to regain control of the Wheel of Time.

To access the new areas (not applicable if you are playing the expansion standalone), go to Matras harbor and talk to captain Verra, then select "Celtic Doom" as your travel destination. It is recommended to reach at least level 75 before trying to take on the challenges of this new expansion.

The Quest - Celtic Queen has been developed by Zarista Games (www.catacomber.com) and was adapted to iPhone by Redshift.

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

06-07-2013, 09:54 PM
NEW "The Quest" expansion! Long live The Quest! After nuclear war, the only things left will be Tupperware, cockroaches...and "The Quest"

06-07-2013, 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
After nuclear war, the only things left will be Tupperware, cockroaches...and "The Quest"
What more would you need?
06-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Sadly, this is likely the last expansion. But it's been one hell of a run. It's the game that convinced me to buy an iPod touch, and really kept me going until other real cRPGs came to iOS. Much love to everyone that has worked on it over the years.

Favourites: KotOR, Gridlee, iDOS, Deus Ex: The Fall, Gamebook Adventures, Baldur's Gate EE, GTA: Vice City
06-07-2013, 11:48 PM
Long live The Quest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
06-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Do we have a list of all the expansion somewhere?
If not can we make one?
06-08-2013, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
Sadly, this is likely the last expansion. But it's been one hell of a run. It's the game that convinced me to buy an iPod touch, and really kept me going until other real cRPGs came to iOS. Much love to everyone that has worked on it over the years.
Talk about support...I bought The Quest Gold (Unfortunatly on my abandoned itunes account) in, I want to say 2008, thoughI guess it could have been '09. If it's the last expansion, it's been a hell of a ride. Never any iaps, no advertisements added, just expansion after expansion.

And it's still one of the top ios rpgs IMO.
06-08-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
Do we have a list of all the expansion somewhere?
If not can we make one?
The Quest expansion list with corresponding recommended level is at the link below. It might be slightly outdated, I will review and update likely early next week.
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...threadid=78611
06-08-2013, 01:12 AM
When it's all said and done there should be a "The Quest: Platinium Edition" that bundles all the DLC. That'll give new players a chance to experience this epic in one last hurrah!!
06-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LanceAvion View Post
When it's all said and done there should be a "The Quest: Platinium Edition" that bundles all the DLC. That'll give new players a chance to experience this epic in one last hurrah!!
I second that, since I haven't taken the plunge yet but having meaning to for quite some time.