★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Car Jack Streets

07-18-2009, 10:08 AM
#1
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 5
Car Jack Streets

I am having trouble on some of the missions, they are the following people on foot or in a car, as soon as I set off to follow I get the message that I have lost them and mission is failed, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Damian
07-18-2009, 10:49 AM
#2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEPSON View Post
I am having trouble on some of the missions, they are the following people on foot or in a car, as soon as I set off to follow I get the message that I have lost them and mission is failed, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance
Damian

you have to start far away. be atleast a screen away and then follow on foot but keep your distance.

07-18-2009, 11:14 AM
#3
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 908
its a terrible game, just stop playing now.
I would like it if it followed a story and then had missions similar to the ones now, but it just is too repetive to bring myself to earn 50,000 a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win
07-18-2009, 12:38 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by super6ft7 View Post
its a terrible game, just stop playing now.
I would like it if it followed a story and then had missions similar to the ones now, but it just is too repetive to bring myself to earn 50,000 a week
I have to agree. The game gets incredibly repetitive. Outside of the standard delivery missions (e.g., taxi, ambulance), there are really only maybe 12 other missions total. I played the game for a few weeks, and I swear I played that mission where you have to follow and rig the doctors car about 10 times.

I couldn't imagine myself playing this game for 5 months or whatever, so I just stopped playing.

Bottom line: the game was just far to ambitious for these developers.


Anyway, as for the original problem, I think it's just a bug. The game has a lot of bugs in it, even still. I could detail all the bugs I've encountered, but I just don't care anymore.
07-18-2009, 02:05 PM
#5
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Atlanta,GA
Posts: 427
yea i got this game and it sucks i get out it start all over....,imma wait for gangstar to come out instead (gameloft)
07-18-2009, 02:08 PM
#6
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,230
i would really like it, if i could actually drive anywhere...even with the updates, still not working for me...
07-18-2009, 04:23 PM
#7
failing missions

i wnted to love this game so bad. but every time i start a mission i failed it in like a second. the game is just bad. just wait for Gang$tar or cross your fingers that iphone gets GTA:China Town Wars i know i'm still hopeful.
07-18-2009, 11:32 PM
#8
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Pensacola, FL
Posts: 352
I dunno what you guys expect for a game that only cost between $1-5. For me I'm still having a blast jumping in once or twice a week to earn 50k. I really dig the cartoony graphics and the controls. My only complaint is there are some mission stopping bugs and the condo save point still doesn't show up.
07-18-2009, 11:55 PM
#9
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersurge View Post
I dunno what you guys expect for a game that only cost between $1-5. For me I'm still having a blast jumping in once or twice a week to earn 50k. I really dig the cartoony graphics and the controls. My only complaint is there are some mission stopping bugs and the condo save point still doesn't show up.
...i have the condo just fine, but trying to drive anywhere is an exercise in frustration, and since it's all about driving mostly to accomplish missions, completing them is almost impossible

for my $$$ i expect a game to with working controls, a difficult game is fine, but not a game with difficult to use controls
07-19-2009, 12:01 AM
#10
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Houston/Austin, TX
Posts: 13,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
...i have the condo just fine, but trying to drive anywhere is an exercise in frustration, and since it's all about driving mostly to accomplish missions, completing them is almost impossible

for my $$$ i expect a game to with working controls, a difficult game is fine, but not a game with difficult to use controls
I don't know but I guess I'm just weird, I have actually thought that driving was to hard haha. But hmm, this game isn't what I would call anywhere near good haha but yah jumping in to get the cash 2 days a week isn't too bad heh. I wanna see what happens in the end!

Twitter: @back2this