★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Keep of the Lich-Lord - $0.99 (from $4.99, gamebook)

06-10-2013, 09:58 AM
Keep of the Lich-Lord - $0.99 (from $4.99, gamebook)

Choice of iPad or iPhone version for $0.99 each; separate apps.

iPad Edition:

iPhone/iPod Edition:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id511743759?mt=8
06-10-2013, 10:47 AM
These devs have pulled apps from the store before, leaving me 7 bucks poorer. Just an FYI.

06-10-2013, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
These devs have pulled apps from the store before, leaving me 7 bucks poorer. Just an FYI.
Same here, fabled lands one vanished, tbh I don't think either this or fabled lands were as good as the tin man games game books anyway
06-10-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Same here, fabled lands one vanished, tbh I don't think either this or fabled lands were as good as the tin man games game books anyway
i agree. But I would still like to play my 7 dollar, crappy game. Or at least know that I would be able to if I wanted to.

The dumb thing is they pulled an app and replaced it with...the same app. The pulled version offered the second half as an iap; they pulled it and replaced it with an all in one app. But they didn't replace it the way they should have; linking the app id's so ppl who purchased the original would be redirected to the new version if they searched for the app.

Once burned, twice shy (yeah, I know, I hate cliches too)

Last edited by Greyskull; 06-10-2013 at 02:27 PM.
06-10-2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
That was to replace an app with an "upgraded" version that included both available books, which, while annoying in that case, isn't going to happen with this one.

That said, this particular game is probably more useful as an example of what can result if you take the gamebook format and try to expand beyond the conventions, but lack vision and only go halfway with it. Compare this to Sorcery!, which demonstrates rather well what happens when you get an overhaul right.

Lich Lord:

Sorcery!:
06-12-2013, 10:51 AM
I just bought it and i am very disappointed by the lack of polish of this game (touch function not accurate, cannot skip text, having some excellent artworks but most of them are not that good or terrible..., fight is just smashing the screen without understanding what is happening, cannot remove the rumble mode during fights, ...)
And game unfinishable with the paladin (3 big fights in a row + a luck event + riddle event...) which is very frustrating and which doesnt want to give it another chance with the rogue. Well i feel i lost 1 usd and cannot advice to buy this game~
06-12-2013, 11:53 AM
Quote:
i agree. But I would still like to play my 7 dollar, crappy game. Or at least know that I would be able to if I wanted to.

The dumb thing is they pulled an app and replaced it with...the same app. The pulled version offered the second half as an iap; they pulled it and replaced it with an all in one app. But they didn't replace it the way they should have; linking the app id's so ppl who purchased the original would be redirected to the new version if they searched for the app.

Once burned, twice shy (yeah, I know, I hate cliches too)
Hmm I just check the App Store and the original fabled lands has reappeared in my purchased list?
That's happened lately with all the old fighting fantasy books form big blue bubble too.

Proof below
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	60239  
06-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oooooomonkey View Post
Hmm I just check the App Store and the original fabled lands has reappeared in my purchased list?
That's happened lately with all the old fighting fantasy books form big blue bubble too.

Proof below
Hrm...Quantum Legacy reappeared for me about a week ago. Was this under "purchased" or did you search for it? Purchases crashes on me...again.

NM, I see.
06-12-2013, 01:14 PM
I hope Apple is cracking down on devs who pull paid apps.
06-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Ok..purchased is working for me now, and yes, it shows up.