★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Bloodmasque (by Square Enix) (Unreal Engine 3)

06-11-2013, 03:04 PM
Bloodmasque (by Square Enix) (Unreal Engine 3)

An Unreal Engine 3-powered iOS game by Square Enix has been announced at E3 2013. It is Bloodmasque - a vampire-hunting action RPG coming soon in this summer.

Quote:
SQUARE ENIX announced that its new vampire-hunting action RPG mobile game, BLOODMASQUE, will be available this summer on all iOS devices (iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad®). To further enhance the eerie atmosphere of BLOODMASQUE, players can use their photos (headshots) when customizing their characters, allowing them to face the vampire threat head on.

In BLOODMASQUE, players take the role of hunters in vampire-ruled Paris during the late 19th century. As the dark night looms for mankind, hunters must fight the vampires' insidious oppression and thwart their dark designs.

BLOODMASQUE allows players to snap a picture of themselves or use existing photo with their devices' front-facing camera. The photos are then stylized to naturally fit the aesthetics of te game. As players prepare for battle, BLOODMASQUE allows them to optimize their party by choosing available characters that have been created by others. Together, they can unite to defeat the onslaught of the vampires.
Official screenshots:

Official trailer:

Release date: Summer 2013 (for both iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad).

Official website: bloodmasque.com

Images source: Famitsu.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is noted that in January 2013, Siliconera found out that Bloodmasque could be the name of Square Enix’s Unreal action RPG.

Quote:
Back in 2011, Square Enix was hiring new staff for an action RPG designed with the Unreal Engine. Artwork for the unnamed game showed a masked person with a white owl standing in front of… something that looks like Dracula’s castle. This scene kind of reminds me of Castlevania.

Maybe Square Enix’s Unreal action RPG will be called Bloodmasque? Square Enix’s Japan division filed a trademark for Bloodmasque and registered a domain name for the title. Currently, the URL doesn’t go anywhere, but a domain name identifies this as one of Square Enix’s projects.

Source: Siliconera.

Last edited by clever_bug; 06-11-2013 at 03:43 PM.
06-11-2013, 03:31 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW This is the best game ever !

06-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Holy crap this looks awesome!!!

I am the punishment of GOD
if you had not committed great sins
GOD would not have sent
a punishment like me upon you Genghis Khan
06-11-2013, 03:36 PM

Max Payne, vampire hunter.
06-11-2013, 03:56 PM
This looks fantastic. Looks like another money sink. As long as it is premium, even if it is similar to Demons Score, this will be a mustbuy for me.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-11-2013, 04:10 PM
seems interesting
06-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
This looks fantastic. Looks like another money sink. As long as it is premium, even if it is similar to Demons Score, this will be a mustbuy for me.
WHAT????!!!! EVEN IF TTS FREEMIUM AND CONSTANTLY ASKING 15$ EVERY 10 MIN TO UNLOCK ANOTHER 10 MIN ITS STILL AN INSTABUY FOR ME!!!!! LOL! Just kidding!! But i mean this is what i call a new fresh ios game there is no word for me to describe this!! Even if it s only 1/10 like what we see in this trailer its still ubelievable!!!
06-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Ha! Didnt see the video at first, but now that i saw it...

Square Enix does Infinity Blade!

Instabuy! LOL

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to iVaro
Very impressive. I like the premise. Square Enix is going hard on the mobile front this summer
06-11-2013, 04:16 PM
I definitely buy this. Gorgeous art style and vampires have always
been my favorite monsters.
Unfortunately, judging from the video, the controls seem to be in
Infinity Blade style, which i don't like at all. Hope i'm wrong, but i don't
think so.