FIFA 14 (by EA Sports)

06-12-2013, 12:43 PM
#1
FIFA 14 (by EA Sports)

FIFA 14 will be released on iOS and will support foreign language commentary according to SlideToPlay. Also the graphics will be much better.

Link: http://www.slidetoplay.com/previews/...ds-on-preview/
06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
#2
At the end of article "..and effectively confirmed that it will launch a free-to-play version of FIFA for mobile devices before the end of the year."

Here's hoping that a) it's not true, b) there will be two versions: premium and F2P one, c) EA doesn't ruin another franchise

"FIFA 14 will release day and date with the console version" - 148Apps, Fifa 14 is set to release on September 24th (NA) - 27th (EU) for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC,and on Xbox One and PS4 later.

3 Screenshots

Silly humans and your 4 dimensions. WE have 7...hundred thousandths!!! (:

Last edited by sicksilvo; 06-12-2013 at 04:49 PM.

06-12-2013, 04:29 PM
#3
Not terribly surprised, but I really hope they have a premium version. FIFA 13 was good enough that I decided to not get the console version this year. It was quite possibly the best sports game available for iOS. But EA already took the social stick to Madden so I can't say I am too encouraged for the future of the franchise on iOS.

Devices: iPad Air 2 Game center ID: volcanopele Gameloft Live: amirani
Current Games: Ascension, GTA: SA, Baldur's Gate, Crossy Road, Vainglory, Bioshock
06-12-2013, 05:07 PM
#4
I hate you EA, you said once fifa 13 was released a LOT of time would be put into the following Fifa game for mobile devices. Fifa 14 looks exactly the same and will be free!! This is the exact opposite. I am very dissapointed.
06-12-2013, 05:13 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Asmara, Eritrea
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksilvo View Post
At the end of article "..and effectively confirmed that it will launch a free-to-play version of FIFA for mobile devices before the end of the year."

Here's hoping that a) it's not true, b) there will be two versions: premium and F2P one, c) EA doesn't ruin another franchise

"FIFA 14 will release day and date with the console version" - 148Apps, Fifa 14 is set to release on September 24th (NA) - 27th (EU) for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC,and on Xbox One and PS4 later.

3 Screenshots
Pretty much all fifa games on the iOS has been great interms of sales. I don't understand why they have to go to the freemium road? I am annoyed!

Aid is like a pill that numbs the pain, if you take it too often you get addicted. President Isaias Afwerki
This simple and timeless quote sums up Eritrean government & people's self-reliance policy.
06-12-2013, 05:20 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wediafom24 View Post
Pretty much all fifa games on the iOS has been great interms of sales. I don't understand why they have to go to the freemium road? I am annoyed!
Guys don't forget that neither pricing model or price has been announced, this is not official statement.

I feel your pain and agree. Fifa 13 is amazing and I don't even like sports except MMA & snowboarding. Anyway here is why they (and others) decide to take that route: "We're aggressively getting out of the pre-order business," he said. "We're looking at the customer more from an ARPU perspective than a $60 perspective. We see a great opportunity to get $80 or $90 from that customer, but up-front it's just $60."

Silly humans and your 4 dimensions. WE have 7...hundred thousandths!!! (:

Last edited by sicksilvo; 06-12-2013 at 05:25 PM.
06-12-2013, 06:00 PM
#7
Guys EA are stoked with their FTP titles. RR3 is a massive success in their eyes. They said all their upcoming titles will be moving towards that business model.
Try not to get your hopes up
06-12-2013, 07:40 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2010
Location: Asmara, Eritrea
Posts: 1,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksilvo View Post
Guys don't forget that neither pricing model or price has been announced, this is not official statement.

I feel your pain and agree. Fifa 13 is amazing and I don't even like sports except MMA & snowboarding. Anyway here is why they (and others) decide to take that route: "We're aggressively getting out of the pre-order business," he said. "We're looking at the customer more from an ARPU perspective than a $60 perspective. We see a great opportunity to get $80 or $90 from that customer, but up-front it's just $60."
Yeah same here bro! I enjoy sport sims especially soccer and American football.
I was saddened by madden 13 going free to play but never thought fifa would also go that route. Oh well. Like you and others have said, hopefully EA releases a premium and a freemium apps simultaneously.

Aid is like a pill that numbs the pain, if you take it too often you get addicted. President Isaias Afwerki
This simple and timeless quote sums up Eritrean government & people's self-reliance policy.
06-12-2013, 08:51 PM
#9
Joined: Mar 2013
Location: Canada.
Posts: 151
Guyse why would you play Fifa on an touchscreen device in the first place?
The new one looks like it has touch/swipe controls, which believe me, could break the game.
Anyways, I replayed my old Fifa 09 disk on my 360 a few days ago, and I'm blown. It's incredibly polished, well made and beats Fifa 13 on iOS in every way possible.
My point is, stick to a PC or console for Fifa. You wouldn't believe how much better it is until you experience it. For a start, there's much more freedom in dribbling, defending, tactics, well, just about everything :/
Well, Fifa 13 managed to collect dust for a few months before I deleted it. Every time I opened it I closed it a few minutes later It just doesn't feel right
06-12-2013, 09:01 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elixir View Post
Guyse why would you play Fifa on an touchscreen device in the first place?
The new one looks like it has touch/swipe controls, which believe me, could break the game.
Anyways, I replayed my old Fifa 09 disk on my 360 a few days ago, and I'm blown. It's incredibly polished, well made and beats Fifa 13 on iOS in every way possible.
My point is, stick to a PC or console for Fifa. You wouldn't believe how much better it is until you experience it. For a start, there's much more freedom in dribbling, defending, tactics, well, just about everything :/
Well, Fifa 13 managed to collect dust for a few months before I deleted it. Every time I opened it I closed it a few minutes later It just doesn't feel right

Something odd is going on today. Why are we all assuming everyone has, wants or needs other gaming platforms? Yes, the majority of other platforms are more powerful and will probably have better ways to control "traditional" games.

I think we can all grasp that Fifa is easier to play on console or PC. This is about having FIFA in your pocket and busting it out on the go.

Look at the title of the site matey

Every model of reality has margins where it begins to run out of explanatory steam, where we can see its problems and limitations
Frozen Synapse: Deputy
GameCentre: The Lost Deputy