★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Atommo
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 4.4 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "I'm going to admit--I'm totally addicted to Road Kill Cafe."
5/5 Examiner.com

"...if you're a fan of Flight Control or Harbour Master, you should really like this."
9/10 Randomly Accessed

"It even gives very satisfying squish sounds when our furry friends meet their end."
4/5 Mobile Tech Review

"Deliciously Funny, y'all"
4/5 Touch Arcade User Reviews

It's the Grand Opening of the Roadkill Cafe and Slim LaChance is out to build a reputation for serving the best redneck cuisine in three counties. Collect roadkills, dodge traffic, and keep your customers satisfied before they blow their tops.

Complete Cafe mode to unlock unlimited Arcade mode, and additional difficulties. Try to outscore players around the world on the international scoreboard!

Roadkill Cafe also includes the following mini-games:

Survivor - The next time someone tells you to go play in traffic, you'll have the option of trying this simulator first. Dodge traffic for as long as you can.

Vengeance - Why did the chicken cross the road? Vengeance! Bloodthirsty chickens with a taste for rednecks are on the loose. Luckily rhinos hate chickens. Try not to get killed in the melee.

Rampage - What's a road trip without roadkills? Go for a ride on the Infinity Highway, dodging traffic and flattening fauna. Rack up the points the farther you go, but try and stay between the lines.

Dynamic fingertip controls - Control your character from any point on the screen. Simply release and touch another location to retake control.
Don't want to get fingerprints on the screen? Take advantage of your devices motion detection to control the player!
Positional sound - Swarms of chickens never sounded so deadly.

Contains scenes of cartoon violence, use of firearms, and recycling.

Devilishly Good's comments:
Roadkill Cafe

07-19-2009, 01:24 AM
YouTube video

Roadkill Cafe trailer here.

Thanks DG

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.

Last edited by atommo; 07-19-2009 at 01:41 AM.

07-19-2009, 01:25 AM
i'll embed the video in the first post...

LOL, omg, that was hilarious

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 07-19-2009 at 01:30 AM.
07-19-2009, 09:00 AM
Mmm... nothing like a bit of roadkill in the morn.

Might just have to pick this up
07-19-2009, 12:27 PM
I'll have to leave a more extensive review later. This is for Cafe mode, which you have to play to unlock Arcade mode.

Your goal is to dodge traffic while wheeling your handy-dandy wheelbarrow across lanes of traffic to pick up fresh roadkill for your cafe. Don't leave the carcasses on the road too long or they won't be worth picking up. You're trying to deliver enough fresh roadkill to your cafe to get it a 5 star rating from satisfied customers...without becoming roadkill yourself.

There are two control options, tilt and virtual-joystick. I haven't tried the tilt option, but the stick control is cool. Wherever you put your finger down, becomes the center point so you can choose to play in landscape or portrait. The joystick is pretty darn sensitive so it's pretty easy to find yourself wandering crazily all over the roads...and wheelbarrows are not exactly the easiest vehicles to pilot.

There's lots of different wildlife that crosses the road for the pickin's. You have to wait for it to get run over before picking it up, but once it's splatted...that carcass is your for the taking. Just run your wheelbarrow over the carcass to pick up and over to the cafe to deliver it.

Beware of bears, if they catch you, you'll lose a life and only semi trucks can run those bad boys down. Also, if you see a frog, run over it QUICK with your wheelbarrow...you'll get an extra life.

Customers will show up once you deliver your first load to the cafe, and you have to keep delivering fresh meat or you're customers will become angry and leave. You can see customers' mood with little smiley faces by them and they're pretty self explanatory.

The restaurant business is all about location, so as you get to higher levels, you be located next to bigger and busier highways. The highest level I have gotten to so far has 4 lanes each way...lots of traffic to dodge!

So far this game has been pretty durn fun. The graphics are nice as are the sounds.

My only complaints thus far:
-bears can stop traffic, but rhinos don't? (yes, rhinos...some exotic cuisine to serve up)
-no Hi-Score recorded for Cafe mode? (really would like to have this)
-would like option to tell the game I'm playing in landscape so the score and other icons are more helpfully arranged...like moving the current score and lives to the upper right and left when holding the phone landscape
-global scores
-achievements to earn are needed - like number of each carcass type collected, or largest streak of carcasses picked up before getting hit

So far, this is really fun and funny! Recommended .
07-19-2009, 12:30 PM
lawl this is so funny, I might have to get it
07-19-2009, 12:35 PM
I feel another Enviro Bear coming on... there's bears all over the place, and why would a normal person go for road kill? Makes me think that a bear is driving that truck...
07-19-2009, 12:41 PM
I used to work with Justin, but the games were developed completely independently. Apparently bears and iPhones get along well.

Hopefully this name will update soon as I requested a name change. I'm no longer affiliated with Atommo games.
07-19-2009, 12:42 PM
any chance of seeing more animals...would love to see deer and gators in the mix
07-19-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
any chance of seeing more animals...would love to see deer and gators in the mix
Enh, only if they add something like gators being impervious to trucks but not cars (makes no sense, just an interesting variation) and maybe deer meat is an extra delicacy so it boosts your meter more than other meats?

As far as recording scores in the Cafe mode, I'm beginning to accept the standard deal more and more. You have a story mode with unlimited redoes from any level BUT no score and then an Arcade Mode where the scores are recorded and play only goes as long as you can last. Does Arcade Mode let you chose among the different layouts, if not that might be nice, much like some Flight Control deal, having a few different areas to choose from in the Endless Arcade Mode.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews