★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Formula Racing

07-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Formula Racing

Formula Racing, looks pretty good! I think it's the first IndyCar games on the AppStore. Link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=322876969&mt=8

High speed 3D formula racing is now on the IPhone! This exciting arcade racing title is a first of it's kind, bringing you back to the fun of classic racing titles like Super Sprint. Check out the incredible features below and we’ll see you at the finish line!

Precision Handling
Unique accelerometer steering allows for ultra-responsive vehicle handling and acceleration so you can out drive your competition simply by tilting your IPhone/Ipod Touch!

True 3D Circuits
With real time vehicle physics provided by the Ageia PhysX engine, no 2 races will be the same. Test your driving skill as you progress through a season of 10 different unlock-able 3D modeled racetrack environments.

High Score
Improve your driving skill by lowering your fastest time on your favorite speedway.

Featuring:
* True 3D terrain tracks
* Realistic vehicle physics with the Ageia PhysX engine
* Dynamic 3D positional Audio
* Adaptive AI opponents
*10 total tracks of varying difficulty (9 unlock-able)
* Unique accelerometer controls allow you to steer your formula car in 3D

Look at all those tracks...

Lookin' Good!

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.

Last edited by Slapshot; 07-18-2009 at 10:47 PM.
07-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Added pics, looks pretty good! Anybody gonna TOFTT?

Quote:
and lastly we have the abu sayaf and MILF, two terrorist factions in the Philippines, and ivé yet to see any fruits of labor from the government concerning these terrorist threats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBG View Post
There's a MILF terrorist faction? Awesome! Sign me up.

07-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Reminds me of Off Road Racing for the Sega Gamegear

Currently playing: Clash of Clans and Boom Beach
07-18-2009, 10:32 PM
I wonder how the controls work with that odd camera angle...it reminds me of slotz racer

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
07-18-2009, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I wonder how the controls work with that odd camera angle...it reminds me of slotz racer
Totally what I thought at first
07-18-2009, 10:34 PM
Quote:
yeah, the app description just says, "Unique accelerometer controls allow you to steer your formula car in 3D"
07-18-2009, 10:34 PM
All the cars seem to be in the same position relative to the track width... hmmm, a gameplay video is crucial.
07-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Yeah me too. With RR and Undercover on my iPhone everything just pales in comparison. I won't be getting this.

Now an Indycar arcade racer with cockpit view, I'd be in.

1) Tried out AT&T tethering and did not have enough money for the pole.
2) Apple still hasn't fixed the no-hardware-keyboard bug.
3) Still can't use the "Cut" function on the AT&T bill...current 4.x issues
07-18-2009, 11:42 PM
I tried this out a bit, and honestly, it ok, but not great. There are 10 tracks with only the first one unlocked. You have to finish in first place to unlock the next track.

As far gameplay, there is no speed button. You use the accelerometer to steer and you gradually pick up speed as you drive along. There is a calibration option, but in general the gameplay is a little lacking for me. It does track best times and best laps. Other than that, it's pretty average.
07-25-2009, 01:35 PM
Thanks for posting Slapshot!

I represent the developer Tiny Utopia that made this game. We appreciate the feedback we're getting and will keep checking this forum for bug reports and what we can do to improve this game in future updates