★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Fast hype?

07-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Fast hype?

I played f.a.s.t on my friends iphone and dont understand why this is so popular can someone please explain what is so fun about it cause i am thinking about buying it
07-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeknightx View Post
I played f.a.s.t on my friends iphone and dont understand why this is so popular can someone please explain what is so fun about it cause i am thinking about buying it
If you didn't like it, then why would you buy it just because somebody else does?

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.

07-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
If you didn't like it, then why would you buy it just because somebody else does?
because i liked the idea i just didnt understand the game
07-18-2009, 10:06 PM
simply and completely because it offers an easy to use multiplayer system.

Twitter: @back2this
07-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
simply and completely because it offers an easy to use multiplayer system.
Thanks i never new there was multiplayer
07-18-2009, 10:32 PM
2 vs. 2 = iPhone gaming heaven The campaign missions are meh, only good to unlock planes and teach the player basic plane handling.
07-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
2 vs. 2 = iPhone gaming heaven The campaign missions are meh, only good to unlock planes and teach the player basic plane handling.
Exactly and by the time you are able to actually get to complete all 30 missions, you should be able to wreck pretty much 90% of the players online if you won each round through dogfighting means. xD.

and...you're welcome heh.

07-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Exactly and by the time you are able to actually get to complete all 30 missions, you should be able to wreck pretty much 90% of the players online if you won each round through dogfighting means. xD.

and...you're welcome heh.
That's very true, but I don't know a single person who can beat Level 30 legitimately. 10 planes on Insane difficulty!

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
07-18-2009, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
That's very true, but I don't know a single person who can beat Level 30 legitimately. 10 planes on Insane difficulty!
Actually better than 99% I would say, since if you can win through dogfighting, that would mean you would have completely mastered the skill of dodging, taking perfect opportunities, and know how to use flares at the best times, also you would need an optimal sense of the controls.

That sounds like too much work for me. I'm stuck on like level 27 lol, my dodging sucks.

07-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Actually better than 99% I would say, since if you can win through dogfighting, that would mean you would have completely mastered the skill of dodging, taking perfect opportunities, and know how to use flares at the best times, also you would need an optimal sense of the controls.

That sounds like too much work for me. I'm stuck on like level 27 lol, my dodging sucks.
1) It's almost impossible (or at least seems impossible) to dodge missiles with anything either than flares.

2) When planes are flying within 200 feet of you, targeting someone long enough to lock-on to them is like trying predict where an electron is gonna be.

And while controlling an F-447 (or it it 228, 52... 27?) may feel great with the accelerometer, it can really mess you up if you're going for a really tight turn. Looking at your screen at a 170 degree angle sucks, as does shaking your phone to release flares. They great part about it, though, is that most people online are also as inept as you