★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Games with the most replayability?

12-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Games with the most replayability?

I like all sorts of games, but the reason I am willing to pay more for some games over others for me has a lot to do with potential replayability. I won't pay for a puzzle game that has x number of levels because once I know the solution to them, that is kind of it. Wheras a game like Frenzic at least I am always striving for a higher score.

What are some of the games with the highest replayability in your opinion?
12-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Trism has lasted me a good while, with different endless modes and puzzle modes where you must clear all the triangles by tilting the iPhone and making the match.

Galcon is great for it's online and everything, and I'm constantly going back to it and playing

Simple games like 300 bowling and Blocked have kept me entertained for a long time, because you don't need any designated amount of time to play them and they're so easy to just pick up and play.

12-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Boomshine/Bugz are both simple apps that haven't gotten old for me.

Bike or Die 2 has more levels then you can shake a stick at...

Flick Bowling - hey its bowling. I play this all the time and its always fun.

Live Poker - you're playing real people. Slow texas holdem, if you like it go for it, it's free!

Virtual Pool - I've had this since like day one and I still play it constantly.

Line Rider - if you like art and being creative this app has endless possibilities.
12-08-2008, 04:04 PM
Warfare Inc. - Downloadable Levels
12-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Easily Trism. Even though Super Monkey Ball was the very first app I got, I still find myself playing it 3 or 4 hours a week.
12-08-2008, 05:09 PM
Don't overlook logic, word, or number games:

* Crosswords (l use 2 Across)

* Word scramblers (I like Scramboni but haven't found a single-player word game I like)

* Quick Draw (like Pictionary, but again it's multiplayer only)

* Sudoku is always a classic and there's something vaguely similar called KuGon that I like

But any game that has randomly-generated challenges is likely to have high replayability, compared to linear "quests." (Galcon and Dr. Awesome fit that bill for me.)

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)
12-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I constantly still play Galcon

I have been playing a lot of Warfare INc.

lawn darts

papi jump
12-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Here is my top 10 favorite games with high replay value. Maybe this will help

1. Fuzzle - Super super addicting, I play it every day
2. Frenzic - Fast paced puzzle game, I play this one a lot too
3. Bike or Die 2 - 2600+ levels to pick from. Is that enough replayability for ya?
4. 2079 - Fun, cheap little addicting game
5. Dr. Awesome - At first this game looked stupid because it only has tilt controls, now I love it!!
6. Fieldrunners - very high replay value but not too much depth
7. Warfare Incorporated - Lots of long lasting missions, an amazing RTS
8. Trism - very addictive, but slow gameplay
9. SPiN - Fun and original
10. Papi games - fun and cheap

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I'm blatantly promoting my game, but replayability is what Smiles was designed for.

14 game modes, each with randomly generated levels. Two distinct games (Drop and Zen, also sold separately). 140 Achievements between the two games. High scores, statistics, 3 themes to choose from.

Smiles Zen is a unique patience game like Solitaire and Mahjongg, yet almost Sudoku like. 4 Difficulties to choose from, with randomly generated levels.

Smiles Drop is vaguely a Bejeweled like puzzle game, but with arcade'ish elements. You don't have to wait around like most Matching games make you. You can make new matches while all the dropping and clearing effects happen. That lets you rack up huge scores, million point combo's and such.

Or alternatively, Smiles Drop doesn't force you to act, like so many arcade Matching game puzzlers do. The clock is hidden away from you on the pause menu, and you're free to examine the board and plan out a strategy as you see fit. When rocks show up, you can opt to turn the iPhone/iPod touch and break it from a different angle.

Smiles Drop further breaks down in to a number of extra modes. Avalanche, where everything new is ice; Long Play, where it's a little bit easier to do multiple matches (and floater matches... see video); Hard, which makes the ice harder to break (forcing you to focus on matches in a different way); and finally Six, where you can lose in as few as two moves.

You can see the game in action via a video on the website.

| Mike Kasprzak | Sykhronics Entertainment | Mike @ Twitter |

Smiles HD for Mac and iPad | Smiles for iPhone/iPod touch (Twitter, Website)
IGF Mobile "Best Game" Finalist | Intel "Elegance in Design" Winner
12-08-2008, 05:59 PM
block breaker deluxe 2
platinum solitare
hidden everest
warfare inc - the best game on iphone
real soccer 09
brain challenge every morning
bike or die 2

I play all these games once a day

Last edited by HardcoreEricXXX; 12-08-2008 at 06:02 PM.