★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Collectibles by Crytek - Tactical Action Game with MFi Controller Support

06-17-2013, 11:38 AM
Send a message via MSN to WunDaii Send a message via Skype™ to WunDaii
The Collectibles by Crytek - Tactical Action Game with MFi Controller Support

Quote:
Crytek, the company behind CryEngine and the popular Crysis and Far Cry series, is planning to release a new tactical action game later this year for iOS called ‘The Collectibles’. We’re told the company implemented support for Apple’s new MFi gaming controller framework just in time to give developers a preview of the game and new controls during a session last week at WWDC.
More information and images here:
http://9to5mac.com/2013/06/17/crytek...oller-support/
06-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Oh YEAH!!Looks like crytek's putting up a challenge to firaxis...I need some sweet cry engine goodness..

That's why a great title is so important to a platform,its spawns in competition..
Ladies and gentle welcome to the new ERA of iOS gaming..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"

06-17-2013, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know what WWDC session this was off hand? i wanna see this video of the game being demoed, it looks really impressive from the screen shots
06-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingCartoon View Post
Does anyone know what WWDC session this was off hand? i wanna see this video of the game being demoed, it looks really impressive from the screen shots
"State of the union." Towards the 10 minutes mark if I remember.
06-17-2013, 01:35 PM
The visuals look really good.

Proves games created for the mobile platform will usually LOOK better than ports. BUT the meat of the game is in the gameplay which we know nothing of yet in this game, but know almost everything in XCom to be fantastic.

Cant wait to see this, and to see how it will play up to XCom.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
"State of the union." Towards the 10 minutes mark if I remember.
Thanks, I'll check that out. I haven't watched any of the sessions yet, have you seen any good ones yet?
06-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillingCartoon View Post
Thanks, I'll check that out. I haven't watched any of the sessions yet, have you seen any good ones yet?
Well I'm not a dev so it's all too technical for me Though the crytek presentation, Controller SDK and new Sprite/2D engine are quite impressive and could change iOS gaming quite a lot!
06-20-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clever_bug View Post
Wow it's looking pretty sweet..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
06-20-2013, 03:30 AM
Damn... I want it! I'm guessing it'll be a while..