★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iFishing 1.4 update out now! Opinions?

12-08-2008, 03:48 PM
iFishing 1.4 update out now! Opinions?

New update includes-

Fish-a-photo feature (use your own photo's for locations)

Boat autopilot (tap a place on the map to go there)

Luck meter (to help determine if you are in the right place with the right equipment etc)

Improved graphics on rod, boat, and stats.

I am downloading now (thanks to Greenlightjerky for the heads-up). Opinions?

[EDIT] Here is a piccy I took of the new update in action-

So far this is a GREAT improvement. The UI has had a bit of a polish. Notice at the bottom of the screen, the reel bar now gives you a hint as to what speed is best to catch what type of fish. The map screen is MUCH easier to use now that you can just tap somewhere and the boat will go straight there (my Wife will be happy with that). The Fish-a-photo feature seems a good idea, but I will need to crop a photo to the correct aspect in order for it to fit the screen properly (the photo stretches to fit the screen). iPhoto users won't have a problem, I suspect, using photo's taken with their device. But Touch owners, such as myself, may have to do a little work to get a photo looking right.
Overall so far, a BIG thumbs up. Well done Chris.

Last edited by wastedyuthe; 12-08-2008 at 04:32 PM.
12-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Awesome, I'm downloading it now.

12-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiller ONE View Post
Awesome, I'm downloading it now.
Same, I love this game, and the updates make it like getting a new game all over again!
12-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
ohh boy, Marker Felt. Who chose that font for this one? I've had enough in Notes.app.
12-08-2008, 09:01 PM
wtf steering?

Umm the steering for me is honestly now horendous after the update. Just totally uncontrollable. Oh and by the flick fishing is 100x better.
12-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasonFried123 View Post
Umm the steering for me is honestly now horendous after the update. Just totally uncontrollable.
How is it worse? It's the same as before except now you can optionally tap on the map itself instead of using the manual boat steering.

Apps: Mech Pilot, Zombies HD, Zombies The Last Stand, iFishing (and all spinoffs), Puppet Jump, Pocket Farm, Dark Raider, Blue Skies, and more! (www.RockingPocketGames.com)
12-08-2008, 09:15 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGGuy View Post
How is it worse? It's the same as before except now you can optionally tap on the map itself instead of using the manual boat steering.
I knew it, I knew it. RPGGuy, face it. People love Flick Fishing, and iFishing is not wonderful. Its ok, but nothing worth $2.99. Maybe $.99
12-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Count me in the minority then, because I think ifishing is a better game then flick fishing - it is certainly more challenging and an overall better fishing experience.
12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iago View Post
Count me in the minority then, because I think ifishing is a better game then flick fishing - it is certainly more challenging and an overall better fishing experience.
I like to have to use the well made reel in Flick to actually have to do work. I dunno, but it makes me feel like I earned the fish. Plus iFishing just uses a variety of fish, but has no ties to the background, atleast not anymore. This makes Flick Fishing much better. Come on RPGguy, you're no. 2, just face it.
12-08-2008, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewstermax View Post
I knew it, I knew it. RPGGuy, face it. People love Flick Fishing, and iFishing is not wonderful. Its ok, but nothing worth $2.99. Maybe $.99
IMHO I have to respectfully disagree. In it's own right, I would gladly pay $2.99 for iFishing as it is a great game (I do play it as much if not more than Flick Fishing). But when you compare it to FF cost for Content, than I think Flick Fishing wins hands down. But still mad props to both dev's, as they have been very active in these forums and very helpful in terms of taking our requests for features, and other things.

Last edited by 1337brian; 12-08-2008 at 09:24 PM.