★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The future looks bleak for Frank Maison, tied up in one of Columbia's worst prisons.
Sentenced to a life in prison, the only way out seems to be through a bodybag.
Maisons violent military past has brought him into a life behind bars, it now may seem ironic that his past now may be his ticket back to freedom.

When the sister of the African rebel leader Mahiri is captured by the country's ruthless dictator General Kafir - as a result of her political democratic commitment - Mahiri offers Maison to help him escape from prison in exchange for Maison to rescue Mahiris sister.

In the fight against one of Africa's most feared generals, and chased by the Columbian police, Maison is thrown into a mission that not only seems to be a pure death trap but also a moral suicide. Who has good intentions?

And above all, who can be trusted?

Amuk is an intense first-person-shooter game where joy of playing always were the guiding words during and through the whole development of the game!

Features:

- Thrilling and unpredictable story!

- Superior graphics, sound and visual effects!

- Large variety of weapons and levels!

- Low Price / High Fun Factor for this type of game!

- Good controls that are easy to learn!
06-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Repost from upcoming thread for reference (I didn't start this thread, btw)

Well, this game could be AWESOME. But in the current state, it is hard to recommened. When playing on an iPad mini, the iron site button, the look button, and the sprint button are off the screen. On the iPod and IPhone version it works fine, but movement controls are quite weird on the iPhone/iPod version, yet it works with the iPad version quite well. The controls are thus: tilt the device the way you want to go and the character moves that way. A sprint button is tapped to start and tapped to stopped. Looks controls are one joystick.

I'll play some more, but I hope it gets an update.

06-18-2013, 06:03 PM
I started it since its released now.
Was that a bad thing?
06-18-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
I started it since its released now.
Was that a bad thing?
No, not at all! Just mentioning I didn't start it.
06-18-2013, 06:06 PM
The mods can tell who started it.
Anyho, pocket is it just sp?
06-18-2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saansilt View Post
The mods can tell who started it.
Anyho, pocket is it just sp?
Yes, I don't think mp would work with the weird controls. If the controls were fixed, this would not be a bad game at all.
06-18-2013, 06:19 PM
Hopefully the devs get involved here.
06-18-2013, 06:54 PM
Any options for different controls?
06-18-2013, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcur View Post
Any options for different controls?
Sadly not...
06-19-2013, 05:51 AM
Hi everyone

My name is Christopher and i am one of the developers behind AMUK.

First of all a would like to thank does of you who bought this game.

Secondly, about the controls.
The controls were designed based on the fact that many players have criticized similar games touchcontrols for being unprecise and that the two regular "joysticks" feels uncomfortable to use on a small screen. So we decided to replace one of them with tilt commands.
I personally find our controls very easy to use once you get a hang on them.
Alternative controls will be added to our to-do list for upcoming updates.

Third, about the iPad support.
Something obviously went wrong during our upload to appstore. AMUK were actually not suppose to support iPad, not yet. But now as AMUK seems to be able to download for iPad we will have to make sure that the controls (and everything else) are working fine in our next update that will be released soon a possible.

If you like it, please review and recommend it so we can keep the updates coming.

Kind Regards,
Christopher