★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Orbz available on App Store.

07-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Orbz available on App Store.

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd let you know that my first iPhone App, a game called Orbz, is available on the App Store at the following location;

http://itunes.com/apps/orbz

It's a simple memory game in the style of 'Simon', where you have to memorise and match a random sequence generated by the computer.

Regards,

Taz
Silverback Technology Solutions
07-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Looks good. But nothing exceptional. Sorry to say this but dont we have way too many games like this on Appstore . Add some twist to it IMO(if you do care bout that ) to make it stand out. I like the work done by the dev of Huebris. Another indie dev. He atleast made the gameplay a lot different compared to other similar games. It made his game a lil to difficult for me but am sure those who like challenging puzzles will find that game worth the cost. Just my 2cents. Dont flame me guys . I have no assosiation with the dev. Did get a promo from him though
07-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the comment, and yes I know it's a little similar to other games on the App Store, but I had to start learning the iPhone Development process somewhere..

I'm now trying to learn about all of the possible avenues for promoting the game without the huge budgets of hardcore Indie Dev companies among us. I only do this in my spare time, so any avenue for getting the word out that doesn't cost too much is worth persuing.

Hopefully, as you suggested, my next project will include a bit of uniqueness/twist to it to help it get noticed more.

Taz
Silverback Technology Solutions

Last edited by TazUk; 07-20-2009 at 08:34 AM.