Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-19-2013, 05:14 AM

Default Kingturn RPG Plus - (by Mangobile) [Universal]

Quote:
NZ Release info :

The Game is out in New Zealand. It should be out in US at about 11 PM EST and Europe at around 12 AM UK time. Size of the app is 34.3 MB.

Price in NZ is Free.

Requirements :

Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation) and iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Kingturn RPG Plus is an addictive turn-based fantasy strategy RPG with a depth rarely found on mobile devices.

Kingturn RPG Plus is based on the same game concept and technology as Kingturn RPG, but offers an entirely different story, different scenarios, a few new character classes like Ranger, Amazon, and Champion, new sound tracks, as well as new weapons and armor.

The game combines outpost conquering with tactical combat and a complex unit skill system.
Embedded in a compelling medieval fantasy story with quirky characters, the player can delve into this old school tactics RPG for many hours.

Kingturn RPG Plus is a shareware game where the first 8 scenarios are free to play and the remaining 59 scenarios can be unlocked via a one-time in-app purchase.

Story
---------
The Kingdom of Andaria is at peace since many years thanks to the moderate and thoughtful rule of King Constantin. Even peasants start participating in the country's growing prosperity as a result of the 'King's Verdict'; - a royal law that grants a small share of wealth to the common folks, too.

The story starts with the mysterious murder of King Constantin resulting in a full-scale civil war raging all over the formerly peaceful country of Andaria.
While noble families accuse each other of being responsible for the King's assassination, the fight over the succession to the crown and throne begins ...

Tutorial
-----------
If you are new to our SRPG series, you might want to watch the video tutorial first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RRpli7agW4E

Kingturn Trilogy Overview
---------------------------------
Chapter 1 - The rise of King Constantin (Kingturn Underworld RPG)
Chapter 2 - The rule of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG)
Chapter 3 - The fall of King Constantin (Kingturn RPG Plus)

All titles have an independent story line and can be played in an arbitrary order.

Category
--------------
Offline Strategy RPG

Game play
---------------
- Many hours of addictive and challenging game play in 67 scenarios

- 34 character classes like Knight, Ranger, Amazon, Champion, Archer, Mage, Paladin, Assassin, Warrior, Wolf Rider, Priest, Witch, Necromancer, Vampire, Skeleton, Vampire Bat ...

- 62 character skills like 'Heal', 'Stealth Strike', 'Lightning Bolt', 'War Cry', 'Inferno', 'Whirlwind', 'Summon', 'Beast Shot', 'Encourage', 'Firestorm', 'Spin Attack', 'Arrow Hail', ...

- More than 700 items (weapons, armor, amulets, rings)

- Battle drops, treasure chests, and scenario rewards

- Conquer outposts and face a challenging enemy AI (Artificial Intelligence)

- Level up an army which is carried over from scenario to scenario
iPhone Screenshots

Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I know this has a completely new story than the previous Kingturn (-) but is there any new features or gameplay to set it apart?
Old 06-19-2013, 09:53 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Sorry. Uhm, yeah. Is it 11pm yet?!?!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

If you think might be a turn based strategy fan on iOS, it's ok... there is help. Kingturn Plus is an essential download for any tactical gameplay affeciando. The levels are well designed to be puzzle like and challenging. The user interface is smooth and mobile friend (there's even a "hurry up" button to blaze through enemy movement cycles).

I've played all the games from Mangobile (this developer) and Kingturn Plus stands out as having levels that use environmental barriers and design in such a way to be more interesting. For example, an early level requires you recruit more units to break out of a narrow corner and overthrow three other undead bases from that initially disadvantaged position. The screenshots accurately show how much frenzied action is in Kingturn Plus (in one screen there are 18 units just in the visible area).

The plot is compelling, filled with grand betrayals and mystery on a political scale (I don't want to say too much). Regarding plot, Kingturn Plus is a concurrent sequel to Kingturn. Events in both games occur mostly independently but share a common world with some characters appearing in both games. The order you play the Kingturn installments is not important to story.

If you can find an iOS game that is more elaborate that Kingturn Plus (other than Kingturn) with 67 scenarios, 34 character classes, 62, and 700+ items let me know!

Here's a gameplay video from Google Play:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
I know this has a completely new story than the previous Kingturn (-) but is there any new features or gameplay to set it apart?
Aside from 67 unique scenarios/missions, there are character classes exclusive to Kingturn Plus like the Ranger, Champion, Amazon, etc.

Last edited by undeadcow; 06-19-2013 at 10:04 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 11:12 AM

It's out!! Just bought it! Looking forward to another few weeks of sheer joy.

Very happy they kept the same soundtrack too.

Last edited by Mephala; 06-19-2013 at 11:42 AM..
Old 06-19-2013, 11:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Aside from 67 unique scenarios/missions, there are character classes exclusive to Kingturn Plus like the Ranger, Champion, Amazon, etc.
Good to hear. New character classes are always fun, and there are already plenty!
Old 06-19-2013, 01:37 PM

Just started the game: 3 scenarios. Engaging storyline, Kingturn players will be happy with the same game play, slightly different soundtrack when in battle, giving it a bit more of a royal feel. The new equipment graphics are beautiful!

I really like the interactions between Damio and Belayne. Great script like the first installment. Very witty and funny. It gives a good depth and immersion to the story.

One thing I wish was added was a tally of the loot after a scenario to remind us what we received so we can equip them right away rather than going through everyone or the total equipment list again.

The strategy aspect is challenging but fun. I have to be clear-minded when I play and plan from the onset. That's what I love about the game: great immersive story, cute but not cutesy graphics, serious strategy - scalable to your own difficulty level, and that you can either play one scenario and put it down if you must or continue for hours.

Kingturn players, I'm sure you'll grab it right away. If you've never played Kingturn or Kingturn Plus before, there is the free version to try before you buy.

Last edited by Mephala; 06-19-2013 at 01:48 PM..
Old 06-19-2013, 03:23 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Is it hard? I fail quite badly at strategy games.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyTheElite View Post
Is it hard? I fail quite badly at strategy games.
There is 5 adjustable difficulty settings that you can alter even in the middle of a campaign.

I usually play on the fourth difficulty level and some of the stages are difficult but I never find them overly frustrating. The gameplay at that difficulty feels like a matched chess game or a puzzle where you have to find just the right tactics.

Kingturn Plus is accessible for new players and have some straightfoward tutorial information.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:45 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Downloading now ! Stayed up for this !

Edit : Rush of blood to the head cranking this sweet thing up. Im not finished with the first game yet but ive unlocked this to show my support for the best strategy franchise on ios. These will be revered as classics in years to come. The music is epic. I cant resist starting this right away...

Last edited by bigred447uk; 06-19-2013 at 06:58 PM..