★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bounce Out Ball-o-Rama is out!

07-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Bounce Out Ball-o-Rama is out!

Bounce Out Ball-o-Rama | $1.99 | 13.7 MB | by RealArcade

Quote:
Exciting twists on the massively popular Bounce Out gameplay. Already over 30 million downloads of Bounce Out online!

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

APPLICATION DESCRIPTION

Have fun on the go with Bounce Out Ball-o-Rama, the phenomenal new game in the hit series!

Arrange bouncing superballs into matching groups of three or more and they'll bounce off the screen in colorful bursts while you explore five game worlds that pay tribute to classic superball vending machines. Blast off with Space Ranger, explore the oceans with Blue Sea Divers, go on a Jungle Adventure, soar with the Sky Dancers, or see the country in Road Trip. Each world features all-new ways to play, prizes for special achievements, a unique look, and much more!

Plus, Bounce Out Ball-o-Rama takes full advantage of your iPhone's advanced technology with amazing graphics and realistic physics. You've never played Bounce Out like this before! Whether you're already a fan of the Bounce Out games, or new to the bouncy fun, Bounce Out Ball-o-Rama is a terrific puzzle challenge you'll want to play again and again! Don’t miss this fantastic blast from the past!

FEATURES

○ Hugely addictive and simple gameplay.
○ 50 different levels with increasingly difficult superball fun.
○ 5 different adventurous game worlds.
○ Bonuses, power-ups and other surprises help you on your way.

Recommended for fans of Collapse! by RealArcade, Bejeweled by PopCap, PileUp! by RealArcade, and Topple by ngmoco.

Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

We take pride in the loyalty and trust our customers show us when they purchase a RealArcade product. If you are not completely satisfied with your recent purchase, let us know and we'll replace it with a FREE RealArcade PC game! Please contact us at iphone-games@real.com for more details.

My first impressions:

I've played Bounce Out in my Palm days and I was very glad to see an iPhone version. However, this is not the same Palm version. I may say it's better!

PROS

- Good graphics
- The old and great bouncing animation
- Subtle sounds
- Background music
- 5 different machines with different rules (each with 10 levels and 5 trophies to achieve)
- controls are simple (it's a match-3) but well implemented
- Power-ups
- high score per level
- It does not fade away iPOD music but mutes game sounds

CONS

- It can't resume (but a level does not take too much time to complete)
- No online high score

It's a great game! 4/5+

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8

Last edited by Carlos-Sz; 07-19-2009 at 04:26 PM.
07-19-2009, 03:09 PM
Yayy... I loved this game on my Palm...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

07-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Yayy... I loved this game on my Palm...
Downloading now.

If this the same as the palm game, I am going to be very happy.
07-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Finally some Palm users around!

By the way, this is not the same Palm version (made by Astraware for Palm) but I'm enjoying it very much.

PROS

- Good graphics
- The old and great bouncing animation
- Subtle sounds
- Background music
- 5 different machines with different rules (each with 10 levels and 5 trophies to achieve)
- controls are simple (it's a match-3) but well implemented
- Power-ups
- high score per level

CONS

- It can't resume (but a level does not take too much time to complete)
- No online high score

It's a great game! 4/5+

07-19-2009, 04:29 PM
Can you not start at the level you previously were playing? Meaning no save option?

Is that what you meant by resume, or did you mean you can't start off mid-level, if that's where you left off?
07-19-2009, 04:32 PM
Also buying. Super Bounce Out (Astraware) was great in its way like Bejeweled 2... Hoping this one will give me as many hours of fun...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-19-2009, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.D. CrAzY View Post
Can you not start at the level you previously were playing? Meaning no save option?

Is that what you meant by resume, or did you mean you can't start off mid-level, if that's where you left off?
Once the level is unlocked it remains unlocked. You can select the level to play.

It can't resume to the exact same point where you were playing after e.g. Home button was pressed.

07-19-2009, 04:40 PM
Thanks!

and

Purchased!
07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos-Sz View Post
It can't resume to the exact same point where you were playing after e.g. Home button was pressed.

This is the only thing that is keeping it from being a great game. Its still a good game, but the fact that it is missing a basic function that it had on the Palm more then 5 years ago is a huge downer for me.

Michael
07-19-2009, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
This is the only thing that is keeping it from being a great game. Its still a good game, but the fact that it is missing a basic function that it had on the Palm more then 5 years ago is a huge downer for me.

Michael
I totally agree with you.

But note that the way the levels were designed the lack of resume feature has a smaller (minor) impact than in other games (at least the initial levels allow me to say this).