It's out there in some dark tunnel, waiting for you. Your scanner goes crazy - it's close, but which direction? You'll only have enough time for one shot before it comes raging out of its lair. You backtrack and scan again from another chamber, hoping to triangulate its location. Out of options, you charge your rifle and take your shot, praying you guessed right. Either it's dead... or YOU are!
Plasmaworks proudly presents "Wyrmhunter", a fun and engaging game in the spirit of the classic "Hunt the Wumpus".
Named after the dragons of myth and legend, the wyrms infesting the asteroid belts have given mankind our greatest achievement - but they may also be our greatest threat. Step into the role of Averu, a young Wyrmhunter with something to prove. He's been trained by the best but it will take all his skills and instincts to save humanity.
- A story-driven Campaign.
- Quick Play and fully customizable Free Play modes.
- Randomized tunnels and dangers allow maximum replayablity.
- An original music score and atmospheric sound effects.
- A game of logical deduction, strategy, and a bit of luck.
Put your problem-solving abilities and nerves to the test!
Wyrmhunting takes a little getting used to! Here's some strategies to help your first wyrmhunt go smoothly.
- It's a bit like "Minesweeper" in a maze.
- When the screen flashes red the wyrm is near.
- You need to shoot it, but you have to take your time and figure out the correct room to shoot into.
- Usually there will be several adjacent rooms you haven't explored - it could be in any one of them.
- Say the adjacent rooms the wyrm might be in are "C" and "D". Avoid both rooms, walk around the rest of the level, and find another room that connects to "C" but not to "D".
- At that point if you see the red flashing again you know the wyrm is in "C" and you should shoot into "C".
- If you don't see the flashing then you know the wyrm was in "D". You should find "D" again and shoot into it.
- That's it - good hunting!