★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Build your mercenary army and raise your banner to epic heights in a broken, ravaged world. Wage head-to-head battles against other players in the finest turn-based strategy wargame, RAVENMARK: Mercenaries!

**** Selected as the App Store's Best of 2013 for Indie Games in Singapore! ****

== PLEASE NOTE ==
RAVENMARK: Mercenaries is FREE TO WIN! The game was designed such that you do not need to spend real money to defeat other players, only your wits. However, certain options to customise your army, which are not required for enjoyment of the game, may be purchased with real money. Additionally, the game is ad-supported. If you prefer a seamless play experience without ads, please consider supporting us by purchasing the Collectors Edition IAP to remove ads.

Mercenaries delivers an evolution of the turn-based strategy mechanics that won critics over in the original 2011 wargame, RAVENMARK: Scourge of Estellion. Mull over strategic troop placement in the Command Phase, before committing your orders into the we-go Battle Phase where friend and foe move and attack in the same phase. Conquer your foes with grit and tactical superiority!

MERCENARY MAYHEM
Challenge other human players to asynchronous battles, or embark on mercenary contracts to sharpen your skills on your own and gain favour with each of the warring nations. As your mercenary company grows rich in silver and renown, be prepared to face off against tougher challengers in multiplayer matches.

CUSTOMISED COMBAT
Acquire the services of diverse Brigades of mercenaries, each with their own history and combat styles. Mix and match these Brigades together to form your own style of combat! As you gain experience in battle, experiment with Commander Traits to embellish your style of command, and hire Advisors to reap greater bounties from your battles.

TACTICAL EVOLUTION
Stalwart combat features like Standing Orders and Formations return to offer expanded tactical options for players, while new features such as Zone of Control and the Standard Bearer throw game-changing twists into battle! Observe the satisfying progression of your mercenary company as your Brigades harden with battle experience.

A WORLD SCARRED
In the events of Mercenaries, set six years after the events of the original RAVENMARK, the world of Eclisse has been scarred irrevocably by the vendetta of Estellions vengeful new ruler, the Scarlet Empress. Players may delve into the worlds rich lore and discover the evolved power struggle between the three warring nations: once-glorious Estellion, the fledgling Varishah, and silent but stern Esotre.

RAVENMARK: Mercenaries requires a network connection to play. Also, please note that the game is a constant work in progress. Certain aspects of the game involving multiplayer combat may be rebalanced from time to time to improve the player experience.

Have any problems? Suggestions, perhaps? Or do you just want to rant (or rave)? Wed love to hear from you. Please reach us at feedback@witching-hour.net

EXPLORE the world of RAVENMARK: http://www.ravenmark-saga.com

LIKE it on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga

Follow the development of RAVENMARK on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RavenmarkSaga

Sanuku's comments:

06-21-2013, 12:37 PM
This is actually a soft launch in New Zealand, Australia and Singapore so it's going to be a while before it's released worldwide.

06-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusk K. View Post
This is actually a soft launch in New Zealand, Australia and Singapore so it's going to be a while before it's released worldwide.
Thanks a lot
06-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks Sanuku, much appreciated! =)

Hello all, a few of us from Witching Hour will be here to field any questions. And I know the first one that's coming.. When will Mercs be fully launched? ...11th July. So you'll be able to unleash your own dogs of war soon!

Ian Gregory, Creative Director at Witching Hour Studios
www.ravenmark-saga.com
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga

Last edited by Tebius; 06-21-2013 at 01:00 PM.
06-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebius View Post
Thanks Sanuku, much appreciated! =)

Hello all, a few of us from Witching Hour will be here to field any questions. And I know the first one that's coming.. When will Mercs be released fully launched? ...11th July. So you'll be able to unleash your own dogs of war soon!
That's fantastic! Congratulations on the release and thanks to everyone at WHS for their tremendous efforts on this game. I'll be eagerly awaiting the day it comes to NA.
06-21-2013, 01:36 PM
So obligatory, do I have to play the first game to understand the story in this one?
06-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
So obligatory, do I have to play the first game to understand the story in this one?
Not at all! Honestly, in this one, we're telling vignettes on how the world is progressing instead of a sweeping epic like Scourge. There is a main storyline planned, but we'll only be rolling that out when people are little more comfortable with the setting.

Right now, we're focused on a multiplayer experience and building a community around the world and core mechanics. We're a small set-up, so we really need some traction so we can keep adding content to the game. (Oh, the stories we so wanna tell!) A game like Mercs is a big risk for an indie set-up, so we have our fingers crossed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoVanilla View Post
That's fantastic! Congratulations on the release and thanks to everyone at WHS for their tremendous efforts on this game. I'll be eagerly awaiting the day it comes to NA.
Thank you so much! We're really keen on sharing our love of games and storytelling with everyone. We hope we do well enough to keep doing so for a long time to come!

Ian Gregory, Creative Director at Witching Hour Studios
www.ravenmark-saga.com
www.witching-hour.net
www.facebook.com/RavenmarkSaga
06-21-2013, 02:00 PM
I really enjoyed the first game and was very impressed with the updates. Looking forward to the new game!

Last edited by Gilgilad; 06-21-2013 at 03:20 PM.
06-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Hi again, guys!
Subscribing...

And an idea. Someone mentioned in the "upcoming" thread (I think) to try and get coverage with board game sites. Sounds like a good idea, R:M plays a lot like a boardgame, so you should pick up some speed from there, too.
I only know boardgamegeek.com, though...
06-21-2013, 03:21 PM
I have to admit it has been a long time since I played Ravenmark (still have nightmares about frogs).

But I loved the game and I love async so I downloaded it ASAP.

The first 15 minutes are truly awesome.
Planning to spend the night on this.