★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Tell us one thing you hate most about smackBOTS, please!!!!!

07-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Tell us one thing you hate most about smackBOTS, please!!!!!

smackBOTS our first game title, now free (http://bit.ly/smackbot), is in the top 100's for games->action and kids. We think its a fun game but we really like to know what you think.

So here's a unconventional approach. If you got smackBOTS, great! Play for 3 mins and tell us what you most hate about the game! If you don't have smackBOTS, download it and do the same.

We are very sincere about this and hope everyone will help us and we want to make this game better!

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp

Last edited by khangtoh; 07-20-2009 at 10:16 AM.
07-19-2009, 09:05 PM
Accelerometer for moving the robots.
Robots also need to move faster when moving side to side.
Unlockables to add stats to the robots.

07-19-2009, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone1007 View Post
Accelerometer for moving the robots.
Robots also need to move faster when moving side to side.
Unlockables to add stats to the robots.
So you hate the accelerometer feature the most??

Co-Founder/ IPhone Game Programmer
LeftRight Studios | LeftRight Studios Game Videos | Our iPhone Games: smackBOTS (Free) Top 100 App | KatchUp
07-19-2009, 09:13 PM
Hate is a strong word and I would not use it so lightly. Why not just ask what people dislike about the game?
07-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khangtoh View Post
So you hate the accelerometer feature the most??
I found the accelerometer to be a little to insensitive you know what I mean?
So yes, that would be my "most-hated" feature.
07-19-2009, 09:17 PM
I'm not too fond of the button mashing. This may be the whole point of the game, but there doesn't seem to be any point beyond tapping the screen as fast as you can...it would be nice if there were different punch types (even just a jab/uppercut option would be fine) and a bit of strategy involved. I'm not trying to change your game completely, but you asked...
07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
+1 to the idea of letting us either unlock extra options for our robot, or earning $$$ or whatever, that we could then purchase upgraded attacks/defenses or a special attack/defense perhaps

when I see "COMBO" over the enemy robot does that mean he scored a combo or I scored a combo? I am not sure - need a clearer way of designating that to me

i think though, the biggest thing I would like is some kind of sound of hitting the robots, a sound when you knock a robot's head off, a berserk sound, another sound while attacks are being blocked

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 07-19-2009 at 09:29 PM.
07-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Well, the problem with it to me was that there was no real strategy to anything from what I played. Tap the left side and right side and repeat over and over, yet I still lost? There was nothing really I felt like I could improve on other than chance.
07-19-2009, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYKane View Post
Well, the problem with it to me was that there was no real strategy to anything from what I played. Tap the left side and right side and repeat over and over, yet I still lost? There was nothing really I felt like I could improve on other than chance.
I felt the same way until I realized there really is no strategy. I kept losing by trying to time my punches, move left/right, etc. Once I figured out that you charge the other robot, and tap the screen as fast as you can left/right I started winning. I guess I would prefer it to be less about speed (they have lame tap counter apps for that) and more about timing and strategy.
07-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I'm not too fond of the button mashing. This may be the whole point of the game, but there doesn't seem to be any point beyond tapping the screen as fast as you can...it would be nice if there were different punch types (even just a jab/uppercut option would be fine) and a bit of strategy involved. I'm not trying to change your game completely, but you asked...
there are special punches when you tap in a specific order, but lol, i usually wind up punching like crazy