Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-21-2013, 08:59 PM

Default Σ12 (Sigma12) - (by iq12) [Universal]

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 06-21-2013, 11:16 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Nice game. Needs option to turn off vibrate.
Old 06-21-2013, 11:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Nice game. Needs option to turn off vibrate.
Thanks for the warning.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Game Impressions

Wow!

What a cool mathematical, rhythm (only a little bit), match 3 (okay, sometimes it's 3 elements, other times it could be 6, but you get the idea)!

Each level you clear groups of numerically valued cubes adding up to 12 (if you clear them RIGHT on the beat they're worth more but I tend to just ignore this aspect) trying to get to the fabled DNA strand. If the time runs out before you tap on the strand the level is lost, but whether you tap on the strand as soon as it is revealed OR keep going a bit longer to try and clear out some more cubes is up to you. Your end of level score is a rather clever combination of factors. Groupings of cubes destroyed, time left on the clock, percentage of the level cleared out, and accuracy (I assume this factors in the number of times you dragged across cubes only to abort when you found out you couldn't find a way to have them add up to 12).

The game comes in two flavors, Arcade (battle through a series of randomized cubes of cubes each featuring their own unique mix of power-ups until you uncover the strand and can exit) or Infinite (try to keep the game going as long as possible on one endlessly regrowing cube). I'm loving Arace so far as each level is infinitely replayable since it is nigh impossible to get all of those end game conditions perfect (I've played through the first 7 levels or so and have only managed a 2/3 star on one of them, even AFTER many replays).

5/5
Old 06-22-2013, 10:12 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Thanks for the write-up, LordGek. Given your stamp of approval, I will almost certainly give this a shot.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:37 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Likewise, cheers LordGek.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:14 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

You guys are in for a treat.

My only whine might be that it DEFINITELY can get hectic, so be prepared for some intense timed action.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:57 PM
iPad Air

I enjoyed the first two levels of the arcade mode (1.1 and 1.2), but started pulling my hair out during my umpteenth attempt to do level 1.3. The difficulty ramp-up is absurdly steep in my opinion, and I stopped enjoying this faster than most iOS games I've bought.

Last edited by Grist; 06-22-2013 at 03:24 PM..
Old 06-22-2013, 03:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grist View Post
I enjoyed the first two levels of the arcade mode (1.1 and 1.2), but started pulling my hair out during my umpteenth attempt to do level 1.3. The difficulty ramp-up is absurdly steep in my opinion, and I stopped enjoying this faster than most iOS games I've bought.
The difficulty ramp is a bit all over the place as that is one of the harder levels and later ones you'll quite possibly find easier. This coming from a guy that has only 1 starred most levels, but at least I could get through them. In these tougher levels it is all about adding time and finding that darn DNA strand so you can just "leave the building" ASAP.

Favorite power-up so far, I think is one of the last they teach you about called the Mutagen...you'll need to just see for yourself what it does.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:54 PM
iPad Air

Since I wanted to get at least my dollar's worth out of this investment, I've continued to play and have managed to complete all the 1.x levels. As LordGek mentioned, the difficulty is not a steady progression, so if you manage to get through an absurdly hard level you may encounter others that are more easily completed. This game is inherently frustrating, but the fact that I keep making attempts -- despite failing frequently -- may suggest that it's better than my first impressions suggested.