What is closest game to Diablo for iPad?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by memphis12, Jun 22, 2013.

1. memphis12

memphis12 Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I have just sold my laptop today through eBay ( I got £750 so mustn't grumble) I now am looking for a Diablo like game for the iPad. I have been playing KOTOR ( I know it's not a Diablo game lol ) but have burned out on it for now.

I was playing Path Of Exile and Guild Wars 2 on my laptop. I have read dungeon hunter games are solid (which one is best.) a bards tale, aurum blade and some others. I have Baldurs Gate and games like that but I want a more Diablo style game. Torchlight would have been perfect.

Needs to be a large game, no pay to win, a challenge, tons of loot, a few class's where your gear shows on your character. Levelling etc.

Thanks in advance. A fast reply for your favourite one would be welcome as I have some free time and want to get started:p

2. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Heroes Call, they say it's really diablo-esque, and one thing, it is free and an update made it one currency only, meaning not freemium. I haven't played this game yet.. Ravensword is an honorable mention, but it isn't diablo like, more of Skyrim. And get the dungeon hunter games, they're awesome.

3. memphis12

memphis12 Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Heroes Call looks really good. The fact your armour skins don't change put me off. I have purchased Dungeon Hunter 2 for £4.99 so hopefully it will be what I think it will. The way the iPad is going, i hope something like Path Of Exile or Torchlight arrives before next gen to pass the time.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Bard's Tale.

You might also want to check out the ff:

Orc Vengeance
    Wraithborne
    The Gods Uprising
    Quadropus Rampage
    9th Dawn
    Heroes Call
    Eternity Warriors 2
    Bit Dungeon
    Tiny Troopers
    Extraction Project
    Undead Slayer

There are also tons of KRPGs that you might like. Some of the top KRPGs i can think of are:

Crimsonheart
    SOL Stone of Life
    Master of Dungeon
    Epic Hearts
    And there was one particular freemium-done-right KRPG that really felt Diablo-like but i cant remember the title.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Epic Hearts would be nice choice.

Dark Avenger maybe Dungeon Defenders: Second Wave (mixing action, RPGs, Tower defense)

Some RPG but Free, feel free to try then ^^:
    Heroes of Oder and Chaos
    Solomon's Keep
    Castle Master 3D
    Wild Frontier

6. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    Ive never tried dungeon hunter 3 and 4 since they are freemium arena dungeon crawlers but I can recommend Dungeon Hunter 2, its very diablo like and while its old I still think its vastly superior to both of its sequels.

7. Oceraux

Oceraux Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Philippines
    Yeah, agree to Dungeon Defenders, I love it very much on pc. But I think I could recommend it on phones.

8. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Do you have bastion already??Because that will be my top recommendation for the type of games you're looking for..One of the best game on the platform..

9. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Out on those mentioned, these are my favs:

Orc: Vengence
    Heroes Call
    Bard's Tale
    Dungeon Hunter 1&2
    SOL: Stone of Life (Aurum Blade by the devs is good but I'd put this on top)
    Pocket RPG (dual stick but very fun Diablo-like game)

Dark Avenger and Eternity Warriors II are good but more arena battle like as opposed to dungeon crawling (lots of loot though)

Currently playing:
    The Gods Uprising (really excellent game so far but maybe more on the God of War side of the spectrum)
    Wraithborne (good so far but seems like it will be rather short)
    Gloomy Hollow (has Diablo like qualities in a more Western /
    Tim Burton vibe, but has some issues that I can't give it a solid recommendation)

Oh and I don't have Bastion on the iOS but have played it on 360 and it's fantastic.

10. memphis12

memphis12 Member

Feb 27, 2013
    I bought dungeon hunter 2 & liking it so far (the inventory could be tweaked slightly) I also bought Torchlight for my Xbox & loving that.

I have bastion, yes and I do like it.. But it's not the kind of game I'm looking for right now.

Thanks for all the input guys. Appreciate it.

11. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    I'm in the same predicament Memphis, do you reccomend Dungeon Hunter 2? I'm on an iphone 4

12. memphis12

memphis12 Member

Feb 27, 2013
    Basil Dungeon Hunter 2 is exactly what I was looking for! I was playing it all last night and couldn't put it down.

I have the HD version (I assume for my ipad) but I think this game will be fine on iPhone. You can choose between virtual stick or touch and move. I prefer touching and moving tbh.

Amazing game!! It's a shame Dungeon Hunter 3&4 have went "f2p" as I would have paid £4.99 again easily.

13. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    A Bard's Tale is easily the best Diablo-esque game on the AppStore. In my opinion, anyway.
    Personally I prefered Bastion in some ways. It is very different from Diablo in many ways, the narrative and immersion into the game is second to none, though. Again, just my opinion.

Many of the games that have been listed skim over any RPG, character development. Others seem bogged down by it.

Solomon's Keep is another great one that has been mentioned here previously.
    It is free, IAP are entirely unnecessary. It was one of a handful of games I felt compelled to purchase something in, just to show my appreciation to the developer.

Also Pocket RPG for a more action oriented take.

14. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for reviving the topic, but I'm exactly in the same shoes, so I ask here. :)

From the already mentioned Diabloesque games, which are the ones that have a "touch to move" control scheme? I do not really like games with virtual control pads, so I'm looking for games in the same vein as Baldur's Gate: EE, or Bastion (awesome game).

I'm considering Dungeon Hunter 2, as I see that it can be played this way too.

Oh, and no freemium please, I don't want to pay for breaking some paywalls.

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Orc Vengence might be one you'll like. T

16. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    Thanks, will try that! :)

Any other?

17. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Iesabel just came out for $1.99 I would say its one of the best rpgs on iOS

18. Pivi

Pivi Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2013
    I've bought it yesterday, I've not yet installed it though. :)

19. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    About bards tale...it's good and all, but it ain't any Diablo substitute. There isn't any loot. Still a hilarious game, though.

20. Soarel

Soarel Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I agree with all statements here! Just steer clear of Dark Avenger it uses always on DRM!