★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tightwire ($.99)

07-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Tightwire ($.99)

See if you can balance our fearless daredevil across the wire and prevent him from plummeting to the ground! Both challenging and eye-catching, TightWire will provide endless entertainment for only four quarters.

Totally accelerometer based, TightWire is a constant battle against realistic gravitational pull! See if you have the steady hand required to make it across in TightWire!!

- Interactive 3D environment where you control the character as he walks across the wire.
- Watch as he leans and twists in different directions, allowing you to control his body using just the accelerometer.
- High quality animation as the character walks across and even falls off the wire.
- Extremely challenging gameplay that will keep you coming back to better your time and score.
- Walk between buildings from 3 stories to 50 stories in height.
- Polished UI including the ability to save your scores locally and submit them globally.
- Simple controls using only the accelerometer, allowing for minimal effort to get started.

...and additional environments will come in future updates, providing even more high rise action!

Conceptualized and published by iBright.Studios.

Developed by Wasted Pixel, the studio who brought you Gemmed! brings you something completely different!

07-19-2009, 11:24 PM
just beat me...this game looks great. Would love to see a video of gameplay.

07-19-2009, 11:25 PM
yep, it looks fun. I may TOFTT
07-19-2009, 11:25 PM
looks funny.
07-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Idk, I just looked in the store and this game already has 5 5-star reviews. I'm tempted to try it, but I might have to add this game to the shill review list instead. Clicked on the reviewers and well...you know the story.
07-19-2009, 11:35 PM
Man, someone needs to put some crack spackle (TM) on that butt.

Other than that the game looks great. Gemmed! is one of the best match 3 games out there. I figure this one will be equally great!

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-19-2009, 11:37 PM
ah hell, I just bought it. Only a buck. But if this game sucks I'm really gonna come down on this dev for shilling a lousy game.
07-19-2009, 11:39 PM
Interesting. 5 US iTunes reviews. Each one just a single line. 4 saying it's worth $0.99. Some users with only one review (this game). Others with really few other applications reviewed (one of them rated Gemmed!).

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
07-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
ah hell, I just bought it. Only a buck. But if this game sucks I'm really gonna come down on this dev for shilling a lousy game.
I doubt you'll need to. The Gemmed! game is top drawer. We'll be interested in your impressions.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-19-2009, 11:50 PM
lol ok I'm playing it now. The gameplay is all using accelerometer to balance. One good thing is that you can calibrate your device to play at whatever angle you want. The game is basically like you would think, try to walk this fatass as steady as you can to cross the line and onto the other side. You do fall often (or at least I do) and when you do this guy breaks the concrete on the street!

Its not bad for a buck, not an outstanding game but entertaining enough and kind of funny.