★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

PWN: Combat Hacking (universal) $1.99 -> Free

06-23-2013, 03:52 PM
PWN: Combat Hacking (universal) $1.99 -> Free

Developer here! Doing a free promotion via FAAD for several days. Now with online multiplayer goodness. Hope you like it and let me know if you have any feedback!

Independent iOS developer. 82 Apps

Last edited by easmussen82; 06-23-2013 at 05:18 PM.
06-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Recommended, very unique game. The dev recently added Online Multiplayer

06-23-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyKot View Post
Recommended, very unique game. The dev recently added Online Multiplayer
+1; this is a unique and fun dexterity based strategy game.
06-24-2013, 12:11 AM
A strong recommendation from me, too. I like the genre, and this is good.
06-24-2013, 03:50 AM
Although I would call myself a fairly experienced rts gamer (favorite genre tower defense) I couldn't win the training module in three attempts. Although there is some help… Too much is going on, too many features at once. Please add some super-easy missions for beginners that give them some feeling of success.

The game looks awesome, the music and effect sounds are okay, the value and grade of polish seem to be great—but no fun for me so far.

Question: What about the IAPs? Do I have to buy something for real money for being able to win?

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
06-24-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Although I would call myself a fairly experienced rts gamer (favorite genre tower defense) I couldn't win the training module in three attempts. Although there is some help… Too much is going on, too many features at once. Please add some super-easy missions for beginners that give them some feeling of success.

The game looks awesome, the music and effect sounds are okay, the value and grade of polish seem to be great—but no fun for me so far.

Question: What about the IAPs? Do I have to buy something for real money for being able to win?
Developer here. Sorry about the training module - if you hit pause you can skip it and go right to the campaign, where it starts you out on a super-simple map and just one power (encryption).

Certainly, something's not right with the game if the training module is harder than the first mission. What should happen is that the AI adjusts to your speed and progress, so that you're kept in a back-and-forth battle until all powers are explained, and then the AI drastically backs off and allows you to defeat it. So I'd love to know some more details about your experience - did the AI beat you, or did you give up because it felt like a stalemate? Did you ever get a chance to see the Firewall explained? That's the last part of the tutorial, and maybe there's a bug that stopped that step from happening.

Originally the tutorial was much more basic, but then I had the problem that some players quit early in the campaign because they thought it was just a simple node-tapping game. So I wanted to at least introduce some of the complexity and strategy up front, but it's very possible I took it too far.

Again, any specific details or complaints would be very helpful for me to tune the game! It's hard for me to balance perfectly without a huge QA team behind me, so this kind of feedback is extremely valuable.

Note on the IAPs: They were added after I decided to try out a big free sale. They unlock characters and maps that you can unlock for free just by playing the game. They were basically the last thing added. I'm worried that some players may think the game difficulty was ramped up to make players want to just pay to unlock the characters, but I can assure you the difficulty is tuned to provide the most fun and challenge, not to squeeze out purchases from frustrated players.

06-24-2013, 09:16 AM
I got this game when it game out and it is excellent, It has never left my ipad. I totally recommend trying it.
06-24-2013, 11:38 AM
This is a lot of fun for sure!!! I'm really enjoying it!

War. War never changes.
06-24-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks both! Just a friendly reminder, if you're liking the game, tell one of your friends to get it too! I'm a solo developer so word of mouth is extremely important for me. : )

06-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Yeah, a good game, ^ you got my support