★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Age of Empires (by Microsoft Game Studios / Klab Inc.)

06-24-2013, 11:40 PM
Age of Empires (by Microsoft Game Studios / Klab Inc.)

As reported by Touch Arcade.

http://toucharcade.com/2013/06/24/re...-free-to-play/.

Source: Reuters / Nikkei.

Quote:
(Reuters) - Microsoft Corp will offer its console and computer games for Apple Inc's iPhone and other smartphone platforms this fiscal year, through a tie-up with Japanese smartphone game maker Klab Inc, the Nikkei said on Monday.

Through a licensing deal, Klab will bring Microsoft's Xbox and Windows-based computer games to the iPhone and smartphones using Google Inc's Android operating system, according to the Nikkei.

Microsoft's "Age of the Empires" will be available as a free-to-play game worldwide on smartphones by the end of the fiscal year 2013 and other titles will follow, the report said.

(Reporting by Malathi Nayak; Editing by Bernard Orr)
Microsoft's 2013 fiscal year ends on June 30, 2013. As such, the release date is coming very soon!

Last edited by clever_bug; 06-24-2013 at 11:56 PM.
06-24-2013, 11:55 PM
F2P
Like the facebook game?
Heres hoping for a one currecy economy.
Or better, AoE offline single player, online multiplayer, where you pay for expansions and factions.

06-25-2013, 12:24 AM
I am curious about the f2p model as well..I heard someone mentioned that AOE online's model was quite fair..

What's really exiciting is the games that will follow..I know a lot of people will be screaming for halo but for me I'll be screaming for mark of the ninja..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
06-25-2013, 02:22 AM
It's a good news for gamer. I think AoE porting to ios will follow the Clash of Clan model, farming, recruit job, search random player fight with, Clan (maybe).
06-25-2013, 06:39 AM
KLab's specialty is making trading card games so.... Don't be too hyped about this one.

Last edited by killercow; 06-25-2013 at 06:53 AM.
06-25-2013, 06:49 AM
I literally scratched my head when i read F2P. I hope they dont let you buy ingame resources coz that would break game balance silly.O_o

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I literally scratched my head when i read F2P. I hope they dont let you buy ingame resources coz that would break game balance silly.O_o
Buying resources would be really weird... They'd have to redesign the game.

I think you'll be able to unlock units/buildings and such with IAP, perhaps buy yourself into a new era...? I'm just hoping that they won't add timers and screw the entire game up.
06-25-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primoz View Post
Buying resources would be really weird... They'd have to redesign the game.

I think you'll be able to unlock units/buildings and such with IAP, perhaps buy yourself into a new era...? I'm just hoping that they won't add timers and screw the entire game up.
Agreed. Maybe IAP to unlock races. I guess that'd be ok with me. Especially if it's for multiplayer.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-25-2013, 08:28 AM
06-25-2013, 08:36 AM
I just knew if Xcom would be a success,it will cause a ripple effect..Though I will still reserve judgment about this game since there are no details yet..Atleast the big M is opening it's doors to us,which is a start of something..

+1 to the IAP unlock content..Just like what firaxis did with ace patrol and haunted hollow..I am also hoping for a season pass..

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"