★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blitz Blok Update Finished

07-20-2009, 04:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to travistrue08 Send a message via MSN to travistrue08
Blitz Blok Update Finished

I got the final build of Blitz Blok's massive version 3.0 update finished. You guys should check out the current version on iTunes or the App Store. I'll be uploading the final build to Apple Tuesday, and hopefully it'll be on iTunes and the App Store within a week or two. During the waiting period, I will try and upload our new website off my local webserver to the public one. You can go and buy the current version (2.0.1) here for $0.99 USD, or try our Lite version.

For those who have not played Blitz Blok before, it's an arcade-like game where Bloks (glowing squares) fall from the top of the screen, and the player must pop them by tapping on them before they reach the bottom. If the Blok reaches the bottom of the screen, it will break, and cause the player's green Life Support gauge on the left to deplete. The player can gain lost Life Support back by popping Bloks or by utilizing the Essence Blitzen. As Bloks are popped, the red Progress gauge on the right will fill. Once completely filled, it will become empty, and the game's difficulty level will increase slightly. The difficulty level can increase in the form of raising droprate of the Bloks, introducing new Blok types, and making the Bloks fall faster by increasing the gravity. As the difficulty increases, Bloks with a glowing core, known as Blitzens, will begin to appear. The player can use them to their advantage by popping them, and they will perform some sort of task to give the player an edge in the game temporarily. The new version plays much like this version, only the way the Blitzens are used are different: they go to a dock at the bottom of the screen, and sit there until put on standby by the player and activated on the playing field. Blitzens that reside in the dock will give player's touch special characteristics such as slowing surrounding Bloks down, restoring more life per touch, etc.

There are a number of improvements done to the upcoming version. The most notable are:
-More 3D content added
-Drastic improvements in the code's efficiency
-New Blitzens (power-ups)
-Redesigned Blitzen system (how to use them)
-Fully-developed Instructions screen
-More textures to give a nicer glowing effect to the Bloks instead of static geometry
-Full audio support added (works on all 3.0 devices)
-Positional sound effects when headphones are plugged in
-Worldwide online leaderboard system for each game mode (records the top 50)
-Sign in system so you can log into your TRUESoft Entertainment account or create one
-31 achievements!

Anyway, here's a sneak-peek of the new update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1_3qaTab84

Here are a few screenshots of the game in action:

Founder and Top Exec at TRUESoft Entertainment! Check out our games: Blitz Blok and Blitz Blok Lite!

Last edited by travistrue08; 07-21-2009 at 03:28 PM.
07-20-2009, 06:16 AM
The game looks interesting but a link is a must every time you post a thread about a game. Even more so if you are a dev. A couple of images for the current version(or the upcoming one) along with post wont hurt at all either. Atleast you did post a video.

Here`s the iTunes link for Blitz Blok. And Blitx Blok Lite. And a pic for someone who might be interested

Ahem. BTW you have a youtube video embedded in the appshopper page. How did you manage that. I havent yet seen any other app with a video inside appshopper description

07-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Good call on that one, I'll put some more info up on the top post immediately.

The App Shopper page seemed to copy the metadata from my Bltiz Blok page on iTunes. My iTunes video was just the URL to it on youtube, but it looks like some one took that video link from the middle of my metadata, and added it at the bottom of the page with the correct embed tags from youtube. I would have done the same, but I don't think the video would have appeared in iTunes.

Looking back on that screenshot you posted makes me realize how long ago I have been working on this update!

Founder and Top Exec at TRUESoft Entertainment! Check out our games: Blitz Blok and Blitz Blok Lite!
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Good call on that one, I'll put some more info up on the top post immediately.

The App Shopper page seemed to copy the metadata from my Bltiz Blok page on iTunes. My iTunes video was just the URL to it on youtube, but it looks like some one took that video link from the middle of my metadata, and added it at the bottom of the page with the correct embed tags from youtube. I would have done the same, but I don't think the video would have appeared in iTunes.

Looking back on that screenshot you posted makes me realize how long ago I have been working on this update!

07-20-2009, 10:59 PM
I have updated the top post above. Sorry about the copy-post above, that was my fault when clicking back and forth. I thought I didn't post my original message or some error occurred. Is there a way to delete both of those posts above?

07-21-2009, 12:52 AM
of course you can. do you see the EDIT button? just tap it, and you can do with it whaterver you want to do. try it
07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
if it is not helpful, i think it doesnt matter. just leave it. be careful next time, thats ok.
07-21-2009, 12:55 AM
I already tried that, but didn't find anything. Some forums do not offer that functionality for consistency reasons.