★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Simple, gorgeous... A great little arcade game that's sure to keep you busy on a long train ride." -JayIsGames

"A challenging combination of billiards and mini-golf, Super Paper Pool is rather fun for the skilful gamer." -148Apps

Billiards and Mini Golf Are Set To Collide!

Ever wish you could play with the stars in the sky? Now you can! Equal parts planning and execution, Super Paper Pool is mini-golf combined with billiards and set in a lush panoramic world created from construction paper. Get ready for a fresh challenge for billiards experts and novices alike!

Super Paper Pool includes:
- 70+ Challenging Tables
- Three Beautifully Rendered, Panoramic Environments with Dynamic Time Changes
- Precise Swipe-to-Shoot Controls
- Leaderboards and Achievements

See Super Paper Pool in action here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYyJIrdBIQA

Sanuku's comments:

06-26-2013, 02:08 PM
Video

Here's a video showing what this game is about:

06-26-2013, 02:38 PM
Looks fun, polished. Kinda like a mix between pool and mini golf. I'm in.

Soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/chris1a-1
Audiobombs (presets and templates for iOS synths):
https://www.audiobombs.com/users/ChrisG
06-26-2013, 11:09 PM
Now available

Here we go! Super Paper Pool should now be available everywhere: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/super-paper-pool/id620117225?ls=1&mt=8

Note that the price is $1.99, not $2.99 as stated in the OP.
06-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Side Software View Post

Note that the price is $1.99, not $2.99 as stated in the OP.
Removed the error, thanks for the clarification. Looks really fun!
06-27-2013, 12:29 PM
Devs: can you explain the IAP? I know the game is only $2, but consumable IAP + $2 makes me scratch my head a bit.
06-27-2013, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Devs: can you explain the IAP? I know the game is only $2, but consumable IAP + $2 makes me scratch my head a bit.
No problem, thanks for asking.

If you take a bad shot in the game, you can use a "mulligan" to take it back. You start the game with three mulligans and also get an extra one for every set of levels you complete (each set = 8 levels). You can replay sets as many times as you like and still get a mulligan each time you finish it.

Mulligans can also be purchased (3/$1, 10/$2 and 50/$8) but this shouldn't be necessary for most players. There is no "grinding" or other real or artificial paywall in the game.

I hope that's clear! Let me know if you have more questions.
07-21-2013, 03:17 PM
I'll be the first to say I never really cared for Super Paper Pool (SPP) when it was initially released, because...ummm, you really have to see the game in motion to appreciate it; something I never bothered to do. I was fortunate enough to be given a promo code for SPP, and my jaw dropped as soon as the first table loaded. The first thing that popped into my mind was Krashlander. Something about the aesthetics in SPP as well as the simple, yet completely absorbing ambient sounds (and lack of music) drew me in before I even stared the game and I was hoping the gameplay would be as good as the overall package.

I'm not disappointed. Granted, I'm still very early in, but the game works...pretty damn well. Truly, the best way to describe the game is 'billiards meets mini golf', but the game's essentially somewhere between a physics puzzler and an arcade game, and I can see it getting deviously hard in later levels. It plays well on an iPhone, but I think it'll truly shine on an iPad, with the extra screen estate and whatnot. Looking forward to sticking it on my iPad in a little while.

The controls seem to work flawlessly, the gameplay's starting to evolve into that App Store statement, "Easy to play, hard to master" (that I absolutely hate ) which means it's....yes, addictive (again ) and don't let the simple graphics fool you, trust me when I say it's a beautiful, beautiful game.

Wasn't expecting this level of polish, to be honest. If you haven't checked out the videos above, do yourself a favor...or even better, just buy the game.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"