★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Our choice for the BEST homerun derby iOS game of 2013 is Going Going Gone: Homerun Classic" - by Applenapps.com

****Special Event: Rate and write a review for a 9 star reward. Please include your Facebook name to be eligible for the 9star reward.****

***Requires iPad2, iPhone 4S or iPod touch 5th gen - or newer.***
***Recommend going to Options from the Menu and change Display Opponent Results to Text if your games performance is dropping on VS match***

Friends become rivals in ESPN Going Going Gone: Homerun Classic! Featuring an explosive homerun derby experience in which you compete to crush your rivals and top the rankings. Customize your batter with hundreds of options, unlock dozens of bat types and power-ups to out hit your friends and earn an unbeatable high score. Sporting four different ways to play: Classic Arcade, Facebook Rivals, Unique Events, and Versus mode. What are you waiting for? Grab your bat, step up to the plate and knock it out of the park with Going Going Gone: Homerun Classic.

Features
Crush your friends in real-time homerun battles
Realistic HD and 3D graphics
Turn your Facebook friends into rivals
Post your high scores and rankings on Facebook
Free tournaments, challenges and unique events
Choose from dozens of bats to hit monstrous homeruns
Unlock powerful power-ups to defeat your friends

https://www.facebook.com/HomerunClassic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8JMgtbWj6Y
Support email: ggg@skyzonemobile.com

Sanuku's comments:

06-26-2013, 07:23 AM
I'll buy this if anyone can tell me this has no IAPs.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

06-26-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
I'll buy this if anyone can tell me this has no IAPs.
No IAP's plus Game Center achievements and I'm in as well!

Actually, do you need facebook to play this? Then I'm out...
06-26-2013, 11:42 AM
Price in NZ is $4.19 which should translate to USD $2.99

The game is free?
06-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adly View Post
Price in NZ is $4.19 which should translate to USD $2.99

The game is free?
Im kinda stressed at work right now, so i'll have whatever you're smoking.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Im kinda stressed at work right now, so i'll have whatever you're smoking.
lol am not smoking anything the game is actually free check it yourself.....
06-26-2013, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3adly View Post
lol am not smoking anything the game is actually free check it yourself.....
Cant find it on my appstore yet. There is one Going Going Gone app by the same devs at a buck, but i imagine it's different.

06-26-2013, 12:29 PM
It's free and there's IAP. I upgraded my 4s to iOS 7 since I don't really use it much anymore, and the game crashes on that device (SURPRISE). I'll try it on my old ipod touch 4 and see if it's compatible.

Edit: Haven't gotten to play yet since it keeps crashing on the ipod touch. Facebook login isn't required but you get 1000 tokens for doing so. You can log in as a "guest" if that's what floats your boat. That's about all I can say at this point.

Last edited by Platyrrhine; 06-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.
06-26-2013, 02:44 PM
IAP haters can skip this one.

As pointed out, you receive 1,000 tokens if you sign in through Facebook. There is also a second in-game currency called stars.

Playing through the tutorial awards you 500 tokens. My one game awarded me 78 additional tokens and 30 of the 50 points needed to achieve level 2.

You can get new unifroms, batting gloves, shoes, helmets, bats and 2 different body types. Some of these items cost tokens and some cost stars. There are alson some items which just have question marks and no prices. There is also something in the appearance menu called "rare item challenge" which is "comming soon".

As for the game itself, it's pretty fun. You start out with 5 tickets. Each game uses one of those tickets. They replenish at the rate of one every ten minutes. The controls are perfect. If during the game, you hit at least one homerun to left, center and right, you "hit the cycle".

You have to sign in with Facebook for multiplayer games.

The game doesn't have Gamecenter, but it does keep track of some stats. Most of them deal with multiplayer, but there are also some for single players. It keeps track of your batting average, most homeruns in a game, total "cycles", longest homerun and highest score.

My longest homerun is 882 feet, so they have handed out steroids to the players.

One odd thing: I played this while logged into my NZ account, but all the IAP prices were in US$. I've never seen that before. Just to check I quickly brought up Where's My Mickey and the IAP was shown in NZ$. Like I said, odd.

Now I have to do something painful to the person who composed that ESPN theme.
06-26-2013, 02:46 PM
I like this better than Homerun Battle! Get this one!