★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Sims 3 In-App Purchases Soon! (not so bad after all!)

07-20-2009, 11:01 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Sims 3 In-App Purchases Soon! (not so bad after all!)

I remember back then everyone was all upset and afraid of how Electronic Arts was going to add in app purchase for furniture in "The Sims 3" for iPhone/iPod Touch. Will now, here's some news. Pretty soon this summer, EA will be releaseing an update with theme packs for the game. I guess this will be for either more towns, clothes, and/or customization of houses. I am extremely excited for this. It will most likely add lots of replay value to "The Sims 3." I'm happy to see EA updating their games now. I just hope they won't make the game packs $9.99 each! . I'm guessing $3-$4.

Take a look at this as welll for more information from iPhone Games Network.

Quote:
EA will release six theme packs for The Sims 3 on iPhone in an upcoming update. Each theme pack will be available for download using the in-app purchasing features of the iPhone OS 3.0 software.

The first five theme packs will be:

– Nightlife

– Sci-Fi

– Gothic

– Medieval

– University

In anticipation of this launch, EA Mobile also is hosting a poll asking users which theme should be considered for the sixth. You can enter the survey here and help EA Mobile decide what themes to include for the upcoming The Sims 3 iPhone/iPod touch game theme packs!

My vote is for a British theme obviously! Bond, The Beatles and Bowler Hats! (Don’t mention bad teeth!)
07-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Pretty neat, as long as the price is reasonable and give us more things to play with, not just decoration.

07-20-2009, 11:10 AM
ike i said at iPTF, i'll use the Nightlife theme. As long as it's not too much.
07-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qasim View Post

I remember back then everyone was all upset and afraid of how Electronic Arts was going to add in app purchase for furniture in "The Sims 3" for iPhone/iPod Touch. Will now, here's some news. Pretty soon this summer, EA will be releaseing an update with theme packs for the game. I guess this will be for either more towns, clothes, and/or customization of houses. I am extremely excited for this. It will most likely add lots of replay value to "The Sims 3." I'm happy to see EA updating their games now. I just hope they won't make the game packs $9.99 each! . I'm guessing $3-$4.

Take a look at this as welll for more information from iPhone Games Network.
great. I'm hoping babies, more places, more stuff, better jobs, plots to do stuff in like actually be there. Control multiple sims.

Check out my original compositions on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/AranBrowning
07-20-2009, 11:12 AM
This is awesome, and I have been waiting to hear news on this for a while, but as of right now I am more interested in them fixing the game so it's f*cking playable. I havn't been able to get my mini-sims fix in forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Of course EA will update their games now if it means additional revenue. For games with one-off pricing, updates will probably never see the light of day. But, those with DLC possibilities will see plenty of updates...for a nominal fee.
07-20-2009, 11:24 AM
so after spending $10 on this app they want us to shell out another $10 to $15 just for what THEMES!!!!! come on ea

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
so after spending $10 on this app they want us to shell out another $10 to $15 just for what THEMES!!!!! come on ea
Oh I expected that when I bought the game. That's not what I am upset about, I can pay for additional themes that fine. But I just want to be able to play the games when I want to lol. Its a pretty sh!tty tactic to leave the game so unplayable, and only when additional revenue can be made with these additional themes do they decide to update (hopfully) and fix the bugs. It annoys me that they think thier games are flawless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Conservatives hate liberals because they think that liberals think they're stupid.

Liberals hate conservatives because they think that they're stupid.
Win.
07-20-2009, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
Then dont buy it! Others myself included is excited about this prospect this will transcend and go beyond what the psp and ds can do and in the process further legitimize the platform. Some people should understand that if we want console quality games then we have to be prepare to shell out some bucks! Get over your 99c fixation, get a day job or something!
07-20-2009, 11:52 AM
i never liked the idea of in game purchases. but if they add some really good stuff, then its worth it.