★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: daniel jarin
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 15.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: -Chip-

A fast paced twitch platformer, inspired by vintage games of the past.

The goal is to clear each level, by collecting all the coloured Gems and reaching the end-point quickly as possible.

Play through 6 Worlds of increasing difficulty, with different game-play elements introduced in each World.

Try to set the fastest times and challenge your friends via Game Center to beat it!

LEFT & RIGHT: Control-Pad in bottom left of the screen.
[Analogue style controls, i.e. the more you move/roll your thumb the faster Chip will run.]

JUMP: Pressing anywhere on the right-side of the screen.
[Try double-jumping off JumpPads, Moving-Platforms and Flippers to gain extra distance on jumps.]

TheEvilRobot's comments:
Note: I am not the dev

06-26-2013, 11:02 AM

Platformer, touch screen controls, old skool ASCII type characters, sounds my type of game !

Downloading now...

Not much on the menu, just two buttons, one to start and another to select a different world

Music is obviously very chiptune/retro

You have to collect 'diamonds' or some type of objects, once you get them the forcefield disappears and you can carry on (then collect more to get past the next forcefield etc).

Played a few levels, controls can be a bit of a pain at times as i think i've double jumped but it doesnt seem to do that. On the 3rd level it becomes a proper puzzle platformer, eg get certain coloured items to open up a coloured forcefield, which you can then get the other coloured item to open up the other coloured forcefield etc.

You only have one life but you simply can just start again on the level you just died on. I'm sure some levels very very soon will be quite large/frustrating but theres a good element of 'just one more try'.

I'm happy with it, retro style graphics, decent puzzles so far in the levels i've played. Could do with a bit more polish but only a dollar
07-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Game Impressions