★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tatomic

12-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Tatomic

I'm wondering why much attention hasn't been paid to Tatomic. I don't have the app store link (Im writing this using my phone), but it's an awesome, addictive puzzler. A couple of reviews have called this Lumines for iPhone, but those comparisons probably stem from a similar looking playfield than any true similarities. Lumines is the better game, but Tatomic's chaining system and polished look and sound make it a worthwhile purchase. Maybe TouchArcade can do a review? It deserves more attention than it has received.

Still waiting for my lumines, though. (I think Tatomic's control structure would work perfectly)
12-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lw1234 View Post
I'm wondering why much attention hasn't been paid to Tatomic. I don't have the app store link (Im writing this using my phone), but it's an awesome, addictive puzzler. A couple of reviews have called this Lumines for iPhone, but those comparisons probably stem from a similar looking playfield than any true similarities. Lumines is the better game, but Tatomic's chaining system and polished look and sound make it a worthwhile purchase. Maybe TouchArcade can do a review? It deserves more attention than it has received.

Still waiting for my lumines, though. (I think Tatomic's control structure would work perfectly)

Yep. I just played it this weekend and was impressed. We'll write something up .

arn

12-08-2008, 09:32 PM
I saw this game and am tempted, but I will probably just wait for a real lumines
12-08-2008, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
I saw this game and am tempted, but I will probably just wait for a real lumines

you can try the demo

http://appshopper.com/games/tatomic-lite

arn
12-08-2008, 09:52 PM
By the way, the last Tatomic update made it even better, including faster start up and colorblind option.

As I said several times here it is one of the best puzzle games!
12-08-2008, 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
It's honestly a totally different game. I hope it doesn't get screwed because people look at it as a "fake lumines". It's different and good in it's own way. But I get the anticipation of Lumines...I'm way too antsy.

Gameloft, Im looking at you.
12-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I've never played Lumines but I've heard of it. My dad has it for his PSP and I've never even seen it, but I think I'm gonna check this game out. There are lots of people who have been telling me about this game lately and it looks cool

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-08-2008, 10:32 PM
Lumines is the best puzzle game since Tetris. It's the essence of simplicity, but the jaw dropping visuals and sound design compliment chaotic, hypnotic and strategic gameplay. It is without comparison. Gameloft did a great mobile adaptation that allowed me to ditch my PSP for my Sony Ericsson 550i. Then the iPhone 3G came into my life and along with it some fantastic games, but no Lumines, so I wait. Tatomic will have to do for now...again, it's addictive and sexy, but nothing will ever top Lumines for me.
12-09-2008, 04:08 AM
its on sale for 2.99
nice puzzle game enjoy them puzzle or if you dont have too many puzzle game

personally i have too many puzzle games so ill skip it
otherwise take this immediate discount!
12-09-2008, 01:58 PM
This is a really good game!
Been waiting for a price drop, so when I saw it for $2.99 I snatched it up.
This is the closest thing to an original tetris like game for the iPhone.

Controls seem weird at first, but then they grow on you and become almost second nature. The only thing they could add is a left and right hand mode that switches the quick drop and rotate buttons.

I would also like a "shuffle" mode where the stages play at random for all three modes combines (like Burning Monkey Labs mission mode).