★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best games

07-20-2009, 12:58 PM
Best games

So I got 75$ in itunes gift cards and want to spend about 65$ of it on games, which games should I get? I like pretty much any type of games, and it would be preferable if there is a lite version that I can play to try it.
07-20-2009, 01:02 PM
Everything in my signature.
Do a little research.

07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Hmm assuming you don't have any iPhone games yet these are the choices. I'll add lite next to it if it has a lite version

Zenonia + lite
X2 Football + lite
Doom Ressurection
Flight Control
Harbor Master
Sea Captain
Field Runners
The Creeps
Eliss + lite
Geo Defense
Rolando + lite
Rolando 2
Baseball Slugger 3D
Let's Golf
Doodle Jump
Hero of Sparta + lite
Dig It + lite

Currently playing: Clash of Clans and Boom Beach
07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevchen19 View Post
So I got 75$ in itunes gift cards and want to spend about 65$ of it on games, which games should I get? I like pretty much any type of games, and it would be preferable if there is a lite version that I can play to try it.

Ima Give you a list of games you should get and they are:
Taxiball
Zombies vs sheep
Isotope
Must Eat Birds
Occuro
Nanofighter
I Dig It
Stoneloops
Baseball Slugger
Knights Onrush
Galactic Gunner
Globall
Spazzle 2,
Radio Flare
Harbor Master
Flight Control
Caster
Geodefense
Toki Tori
Hero Of Sparta
Zenonia
iFighter
The Creeps
Underworlds

Some are on sale and cost $0.99 Cents and are very great games to play. Get them before some of the games limited time sales end and all these games are great and i got all of them and i give them a 5 out of 5 stars on each one of them.

Last edited by jovy23; 07-20-2009 at 01:22 PM.
07-20-2009, 01:25 PM
Even though you have quite large sum in gift card money, I would suggest no instant buying everything, and actually to save the money for games that you would actually like xD.

-zenonia
-dinosmash
-her of sparta
-quantum collapse
-knights onrush
-stickwars
-warfare inc
-globall
-peggle
-rolando
-coastguard
-i dig it
-isotope
-F.A.S.T.
-taptaprevenge 2

Twitter: @back2this
07-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Brothers in Arms is a good one. So is I Love Katamari. Rolando and Rolando 2 definitely. Assassin's Creed; Altair's Chronicles. If you like 3D platform Adventure games at all, get Otto-Matic: The Alien Invasion. I'd also recommend Boomer's Sky Fishing, just because it's awesome. Best Online games are F.A.S.T, Dinosmash Online, and Bomber Online, IMO.

Save some money for upcoming games like Gang$tar: West Coast Hustle, and the FPS from NgMoco. I must also mention that Resident Evil 4 and 5 are coming to an appstore near you. I hope the ports of Duke Nukem and THPS2 haven't been canceled.

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2

Last edited by CaseyLay; 07-20-2009 at 04:42 PM.
07-20-2009, 05:07 PM
Drop7
Underworlds
Flight Control
TapDefense
Peggle
Sheepish
07-20-2009, 05:19 PM
My must haves:
-Galcon
-Frenzic
-Trism
-Flight Control
-Eliss
-Zen Bound
-space ninja
-PathPix
-Sway
-7 cities
-Edge
07-20-2009, 07:37 PM
These lists are a little bit overwhelming for a person just starting out getting games.

First, you have to identify what kind of games interest you.

Adventure, RPG?
Sports?
FPS?
TD?
Line guided?
iPhone specific?

Then decide if you want all of one genre or a mix?

The worst thing you can do is follow other people's lists. Because there is almost certainly a game on other people's lists that you won't like.

Currently Playing: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer, Summoner Wars

Game Center: Camzeee
07-20-2009, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camzy View Post
These lists are a little bit overwhelming for a person just starting out getting games.

First, you have to identify what kind of games interest you.

Adventure, RPG?
Sports?
FPS?
TD?
Line guided?
iPhone specific?

Then decide if you want all of one genre or a mix?

The worst thing you can do is follow other people's lists. Because there is almost certainly a game on other people's lists that you won't like.
Good advice. So much of what we think is good or great is personal preference. What type of games do you usually like?

Although obvious, try the lite versions. Too often people get caught up in the excitement and find out no matter how good the video looked or the reviews say it is, it just isn't for you. In fact, I'm almost at the point that I won't buy anything if I can't try a lite version first.

Last edited by RandyN; 07-20-2009 at 08:47 PM.