★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Vs Racing 2 by Maciek Drejak Labs $0.99 -> FREE

06-27-2013, 04:28 AM
Vs Racing 2 by Maciek Drejak Labs $0.99 -> FREE

Bought this on day one. Great game, highly recommended for free.

Edit: seems like the new update ruined the game so don't update if you owned the game before the Price-drop!

Game Center: sink_or_swim

Last edited by sink_or_swim; 06-27-2013 at 07:09 AM.
06-27-2013, 05:33 AM
Auto accelerate with no option to turn it off, directional arrows on opposite sides of the screen with no option to place them side by side, consumable IAP to bypass wait timers in between upgrades.

Well, it could have been good.

Oh, on top of this, you need to refill your gas tank (LOL, it just keeps getting better, doesn't it?) which takes almost a half hour to do for free. You can fork out .99 cents to expedite the process, or go take a shower while you wait.

Absolute garbage and another game ruined with crap IAP. Don't download this. Just go play Reckless Racing 2.

Deleted.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 06-27-2013 at 05:49 AM.

06-27-2013, 05:41 AM
What a crap! There are waiting timers when you want to pimp your car!!!

In the editor's review tA is saying:

Quote:
Vs Racing 2 does offer some IAP unlockables, but they're restricted to visual upgrades.
There are crystals as well. You can buy a "cart with 14.000" for 90 EUR.

Thanks. Deleted. What a waste of time. Not recommended!

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
06-27-2013, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
What a crap! There are waiting timers when you want to pimp your car!!!

In the editor's review tA is saying:

There are crystals as well. You can buy a "cart with 14.000" for 90 EUR.

Thanks. Deleted. What a waste of time. Not recommended!
I am so, SO sick of this nonsense it's not even funny. Absolutely shameful.
06-27-2013, 06:56 AM
What the hell.. Has this been updated with all this sh*t?? It was a great game on release, no timers or crystals at all...

Game Center: sink_or_swim
06-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumoSplash View Post
I am so, SO sick of this nonsense it's not even funny. Absolutely shameful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink_or_swim View Post
What the hell.. Has this been updated with all this sh*t?? It was a great game on release, no timers or crystals at all...
And the worst thing: You can't see those NEW IAPs in the little table in iTunes iOS App Store (at least not in my country). They are HIDDEN as good as possible. No notification in the official update descriptions as well.

That's the really UGLY part of Real Racing 3. As far as I remember they started with those evil timers (buy time for real money) and other devs seem to copy that crap blindly and RUIN otherwise recommended games.

Closed.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
06-27-2013, 10:05 AM
I'm afraid it went freemium. I feel sorry for those of you who bought it. Looks good, plays good, but timers ruined it. Devs could have released a freemium version alongside the paid version. This way they've ruined the experience for those of you who bought it...
06-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
I'm afraid it went freemium. I feel sorry for those of you who bought it. Looks good, plays good, but timers ruined it. Devs could have released a freemium version alongside the paid version. This way they've ruined the experience for those of you who bought it...
Imma stop buying games. Screw all of you damned devs. Only a few I can trust-Crescent Moon/Forest Moon/Josh Presselman,Slitherine...I guess there must be others but frankly I've forgotten.

Or I'll jailbreak and just pirate what I want, since devs have less repect for their customers than software pirates do for developers.
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Apple has to do something about this. An app should not be allowed to be switched from Paid to Freemium after release, ever. This kind of nonsense only exists because of digital, because it can. You'd never go purchase a manual transmission vehicle and then six months later the dealer comes to your house and installs an automatic transmission when you're asleep. Why does the customer have to be penalized and have their original purchase changed by downloading an update?

I didn't buy this game, but if I had, I would request my money back. In fact, I'd request it back every single time this happened. It's bu//sh/+. Not to mention the fact that the game itself is actually good just rubs salt in this underhanded, gaping wound.
06-27-2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Devs could have released a freemium version alongside the paid version. This way they've ruined the experience for those of you who bought it...
I am really starting to think that EVERY app should be released Freemium and there would be a one time 'Buy' IAP that transitions it from Freemium to Paid, if you choose to do so. This would be the FAIR way to do it.