★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: iOS 8 Compatibility
After preliminary testing, we have confirmed that "DRAKERIDER Chains Transcendent for iPad" does not function properly on iOS 8, and we are currently investigating the matter. At present, the following bugs have been confirmed:

- Tapping the "DRAKERIDER Chains Transcendent for iPad" icon from the home screen does not load the game

We humbly ask for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve these issues.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kill or be killed... Answer the call of high adventure and deliver the world from destruction together with your ferocious dragon companion! The new, upgraded version of the mobile role-playing game DRAKERIDER is here!

*Major Changes*

- Enemy stats have undergone further balancing.
- An On/Off toggle has been added for enemy encounters.
- A number of voiced cutscenes have been rendered into real-time movies.

*Description*

The stage of DRAKERIDER is set in Igraine, a world on the brink of destruction due to the repeated attacks of the Dread. Aran Lawson, once an ordinary tracker, now finds himself as a dragalierand mankind's final hope. This is the story of our hero and his dragon companion, Eckhardt.

The game lets you take the reins with a battle system like no other. Instead of entering commands, control the chains to execute your strategy. Easing off the reins will allow Eckhardt the freedom to unleash powerful attacks. Too much leeway, however, will trigger his primal instincts, endangering Aran.
Led by Akifumi Kaneko, the game is developed by WITCHCRAFT Inc., famous for their work on various anime and other RPGs. This title maintains the high quality and integrity for which they are known.

The characters are voiced by an array of talented artists, including Ryohei Kimura, Nana Mizuki, Shinichiro Miki, Kana Hanazawa, Keiji Fujiwara, and many others. The powerful theme song "unleash," performed by Shoujyo Byou, accentuates the powerful storyline and intense battles.

*Game System *

The battle is in your hands
Tighten or loosen your grip on the reins by sliding the chains at the bottom of the screen. The gauge at the top of the screen represents its tension. Ease off to unleash powerful attacks and abilities, but give your dragon too much freedom and you will lose control. If you're not quick to pull back the reins, he will turn against you.

Develop your dragon's abilities
Claim victory in battle to earn CP, which you can use to learn abilities and powerful attacks. Unlocking some abilities will close your path to others, so plan carefully and customize your dragon to suit your needs.
06-28-2013, 04:28 AM
Does anyone know if this is the same game as the original or is this a sequel of some sorts?

Last edited by ViperInstall; 06-28-2013 at 04:34 AM.

06-28-2013, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperInstall View Post
Does anyone know if this is the same game as the original or is this a sequel of some sorts?
Code:
The new, upgraded version of the mobile role-playing game DRAKERIDER is here!

*Major Changes* 

So I am guessing it is just an upgrade.

Admin/Reviewer on Pinoy PSVita & P3DSGamers
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
06-28-2013, 04:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Code:
The new, upgraded version of the mobile role-playing game DRAKERIDER is here!

*Major Changes* 

So I am guessing it is just an upgrade.
Well it seems Square/Enix is really cleaning its house..This is a great sign that they are getting very serious at mobile gaming...

"A whim, a thought, and more is sought. Awake my mind; thy will be wrought!"
06-28-2013, 04:39 AM
Whoops, I overlooked that part of the description. I'm guessing they copy pasted most of the desc from the original since it says that you get two chapters for free and you can buy the rest. Which I hope is the case and that I don't have to pay the 7.99 plus the chapters.
06-28-2013, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperInstall View Post
Whoops, I overlooked that part of the description. I'm guessing they copy pasted most of the desc from the original since it says that you get two chapters for free and you can buy the rest. Which I hope is the case and that I don't have to pay the 7.99 plus the chapters.
Yeah... I think they forgot to remove that part. I believe this is the full game already, because they did say it is 50% off for now, which makes sense since the original totalled about twice that.

EDIT: They removed the "2 chapters free" part already!

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-28-2013, 08:29 AM
This is a tough one for me because I bought the original with all of the chapters and it's never left my iPad. I'm pretty far in (I think anyway), but I've hit a wall. I can probably grind through it, but I'm intrigued by the enemy leveling and the ability to turn off enounters. I'm not sure what to do here...

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
06-28-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
This is a tough one for me because I bought the original with all of the chapters and it's never left my iPad. I'm pretty far in (I think anyway), but I've hit a wall. I can probably grind through it, but I'm intrigued by the enemy leveling and the ability to turn off enounters. I'm not sure what to do here...
Hmm... played the first version through to the end without much grinding, so im not sure how you got to a wall there. I think maybe a grind could help.

Im actually thinking about getting the new version, but im not quite sure if the subtle differences are enough to make it worth buying again.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-28-2013, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Hmm... played the first version through to the end without much grinding, so im not sure how you got to a wall there. I think maybe a grind could help.

Im actually thinking about getting the new version, but im not quite sure if the subtle differences are enough to make it worth buying again.
Well maybe you could give me an idea how far along I am. Here's where I'm hitting the wall:
Both drakeriders are at level 44. I've reached the Cardinalis Maximus where there appear to be 2 suns. I go into a fight against 3 monsters, and get smashed

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
06-28-2013, 10:14 AM
It's not worth getting this as I got the 1st version. Not enough of an upgrade to justify another purchase. Looks like SE are just double dipping here. They must be getting desperate for cash to recycle the same stuff and expect people to cough up again for the same game.