★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Whatever happened to THPS2?

07-20-2009, 04:59 PM
Whatever happened to THPS2?

I tried to use the search to find this topic, but could not find it. Every time I've ever made a thread here, someone tells me "it's already been posted", and "to use the search next time". So in conclusion to this paragraph, I'm sorry if it has already been posted before, but I did use the search. Take that.

Anyway, whatever happened to the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 port that Activision or whoever was planning to port to the iPhone? I last heard about it quite a while ago where they announced that unless there was an uproar and desire for the game, it most likely will not be published. Did it not make it? If not, why didn't you all make the uproar and show the desire? That would be pretty awesome if it came out or will come out.

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
Upcoming Games I plan to get: Splinter Cell, GoF2
07-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLay View Post
I tried to use the search to find this topic, but could not find it. Every time I've ever made a thread here, someone tells me "it's already been posted", and "to use the search next time". So in conclusion to this paragraph, I'm sorry if it has already been posted before, but I did use the search. Take that.

Anyway, whatever happened to the Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 port that Activision or whoever was planning to port to the iPhone? I last heard about it quite a while ago where they announced that unless there was an uproar and desire for the game, it most likely will not be published. Did it not make it? If not, why didn't you all make the uproar and show the desire? That would be pretty awesome if it came out or will come out.
it was a fake im pretty sure

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ

07-20-2009, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldglover411 View Post
it was a fake im pretty sure
Really? TA said it was real, didn't they?

Recent purchases: Pac man CE, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Mecho Wars, and Chaos Rings.
07-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyLay View Post
Really? TA said it was real, didn't they?
it is real. i can confirm myself. dunno what ever happened.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
07-20-2009, 05:35 PM
No, its real all right. My colleagues actually played it and took footage. But, it was made by an independent dev. meaning that Activision would need to give the OK for it to be launched.

Associate Editor, Slide To Play and Padvance
Follow me on Twitter
Feel free to email me at tim@slidetoplay.com if you want to bring a game or update to our attention.
07-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Send a message via AIM to FinalGamerAC
Last I knew it was confirmed to be coming on to the appstore since enough people wanted it.
07-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by STP_Tim View Post
No, its real all right. My colleagues actually played it and took footage. But, it was made by an independent dev. meaning that Activision would need to give the OK for it to be launched.
independent dev? no.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
07-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
independent dev? no.
yeah
07-20-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertf224 View Post
yeah
Well, they better get that permission from Activision then. It would be a great addition to my collection. The current skater games on the iPod Touch aren't really that great. Vans SK8 happens to be very good, but I think I'd rather have a full port of a Tony Hawk game.