★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good Hidden Object Games That Aren't Big Fish?

06-30-2013, 03:09 PM
Good Hidden Object Games That Aren't Big Fish?

I've got an iPad Mini and enjoy hidden object games on the PC - I've tried a few on my iPad, with mixed success. (A time that having a Mini goes against me.) I know Big Fish does a great deal of HOGs, so I've been exploring them & their free trials (woo). However, I can't seem to find ones that aren't by them - anyone have any recommendations?
06-30-2013, 03:26 PM
The Tiny Bang Story HD. You'll love it.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-30-2013, 03:53 PM
Beside playing Big Fish I also play G5 games. Here's an app that carries all their games.
http://appshopper.com/games/games-na...93-by-g5-games
06-30-2013, 08:17 PM
The app store actually has a collection for HO games. You can check it out here. Big Fish and G5 Entertainment appear to be the companies that dominate the collection, although there's a few others scattered in there.

Game Insight seems to have some HO games; you'll have to sift through their city-building games, though. I know that Popcap and Disney both have a couple of HO games each. I liked Popcap's Escape Rosecliff Island, for what it's worth.

I've played one of the Time Geek games...love the art, but the game's built to be a multiplayer game, which I don't care for. I can also recommend Little Things Forever.
06-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Heh, my request is generally for good iPad adventure games that aren't hidden object games. ^_^

MumboJumbo's Midnight Mysteries games are a solid combination of actual adventure gaming and hidden-object stuff (although that series is handled by Big Fish for other platforms).
06-30-2013, 09:33 PM
I second the recommendation for Tiny Bang Story and raise you Time Trap. :-)

Beyond that, I'd have to say that in broad terms G5 < Big Fish, but both publishers' titles vary widely in approach and quality. Sniff around the free versions and see what appeals to you.